A 29-year-old woman is dead and at least 27 others have been injured by firearms violence since Friday afternoon in the city.
The city's first fatal shots occurred just before 5pm. Friday afternoon in the 2500 block of East 79 th Street, according to police. The authorities say that a 29-year-old woman received a protective order against a man, and the man became angry, drew a gun, and shot her in the back.
The woman was taken to the hospital of the University of Chicago, where she later died of her injuries.
Another person, a 1
The shooter was not arrested and the police are still investigating the shooting.
Here are the remaining weekend shootings:  Friday:
- A 28-year-old man was sitting on a porch in the 5100 block of South Prairie when a person in a vehicle opened the fire and left leg and foot met. The man was taken to the University of Chicago hospital in stable condition
- In the 2300 block of North Major at 5 pm, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the stomach, according to police. The boy was listed in a stable condition in Illinois Freemasons.
- A 41-year-old man was shot dead shortly after 5:00 pm during an altercation in the 11900 block of South Michigan, police said. The man was shot in the right leg after getting into an argument in an abandoned residence. He was taken to Roseland in a stable condition
- A 37-year-old man was shot in his left leg at 6:15 pm in the 6400 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, police said. The man was brought to St. Bernard in a stable condition
- A 20-year-old man rode his bicycle at around 7:08 pm in the 5200 block of West Washington. when another man on a bicycle followed him and then opened the fire. The victim was beaten and taken to the Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A pair of teenage boys were standing on a pavement in the 1300 block of South Asian independence just before 9 pm. when they heard shots and were hit. A 17-year-old boy was taken to Mount Sinai after a shot in good condition and a 15-year-old boy was rubbed in the head and brought to Mount Sinai in good condition.
- In the 100 East Street rd two men were standing on a sidewalk when a person in a black sedan shot at them. A 29-year-old was taken to the Christ Hospital after a shot in the right leg in a stable condition, and another man, a 33-year-old, was shot in the left foot and brought to Roseland in stable condition
- Shortly after 23 A 21-year-old man stood on a sidewalk in the 2800 block of South Komensky as a person in a black SUV fired shots at him and punched him in the stomach. He was brought to Mount Sinai in a stable condition, police said.
- A The man was just before two in the morning in front of a flat in the 4000s West Grenshaw block when two men started shooting at him and hit him in the buttocks. He was in reasonable condition at St. Anthony's, police said.
- A pair of 16-year-old boys stood on a sidewalk in the 5200 block of the West Congress Parkway when they heard gunfire. Both victims were brought to the Loretto hospital in a stable condition, according to the police.
- In the 5200 block of the West Congress Parkway, a 28-year-old man was shot in the chest, right leg, and stomach, police said. The man was taken to the Stroger Hospital in a stable condition
- Just after nine in the morning, a 26-year-old man was in the 4800 block of West Iowa when he was shot dead in his left leg three times, police said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai in stable condition
- In the 3900 block of South Kedzie around 12:33 pm, a 29-year-old man was shot in the left half of his body and taken to Mount Sinai in a stable condition, she said Police.
- Shortly after 2 pm In the 4400 block of West Van Buren, a 33-year-old man was shot in the left leg. According to the authorities, he was brought to Mount Sinai in good condition.
- When he left a vehicle in the 0-100 block of Road West 125 th a 23-year-old man was shot and shot his hand and bottom butt, police said. The man was taken to Christ Hospital in a stable condition
- A 17-year-old boy walked in the 11600 block of South Yale when he was shot in the leg. He was taken to the Christ Hospital, where his condition stabilized, police said.
- A 26-year-old woman was in the 2300 block of South Marshall when a man shot at her and hit her in the left leg. She was brought to Mount Sinai in good condition, the police said.
- In the 11600 block of South Vincennes, just before 1:30 am, a 21-year-old man rode a bicycle as a person fired shots at him in a black vehicle and attacked him several times. The victim was taken to the Christ Hospital in critical condition with gunshot wounds on his abdomen and leg.
- A 25-year-old man was shot in the arm and leg as he stood in the 3,000 block of North Central, police said. The man was brought to Illinois Masonic in serious condition.
- A quarrel in the 1300 block of West 73rd Street just before 3:30 left a 29-year-old woman with a gunshot wound on her arm, police said. The woman is uncooperative with the police.
- A 29-year-old man was shot in the foot in South Oakley's 7300 block and does not cooperate with the police. The man was taken to a local hospital in good condition.
- In the 3800 block of West Gladys, a 33-year-old woman was sitting in a vehicle when she was shot in the chest. The victim believes the shooter was sitting on a porch across the street. She was taken to the Stroger Hospital in serious condition, the police said.
- A 47-year-old man was shot in the thigh during an attempted carjacking, the police said. The incident occurred just before 11 am in the 800 block of West Leland, and two men displayed a handgun and demanded the man's vehicle. The man tried to grab the weapon and was shot in the thigh. He was brought to the Illinois Masonic Hospital in good condition.