قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / 12-year-old girl falls ill with a carnivorous infection during the Florida beach vacation

12-year-old girl falls ill with a carnivorous infection during the Florida beach vacation



A 12-year-old girl from Indiana contracted a life-threatening, carnivorous infection when vacationing with his family on a Florida beach. In the end, Kylei Brown stayed in the hospital for a week and underwent surgery. "It's just so hard to see friends and family on the beach, having fun because we did the same and I almost lost them," said Michelle Brown, Kylei's mother. Towards the end of her trip to Destin, Florida earlier this month, Kylei began to feel pain in her leg. When the family returned to Indiana, the pain swelled and fever developed. Brown called and made an appointment with her doctor, but she did not realize how bad the situation was until the doctor forwarded her to an emergency room. The anxiety rose from 0 to 1

10, "said Brown," I knew something was not in Order is. " Brown said the doctors first thought it might be a blood clot. She watched in horror as her daughter's condition worsened. "Their blood pressure just went down continuously," Brown said, and the doctors soon discovered that Kylei had a necrotizing fasciitis, and she had to undergo surgery to clear the infection. "Hopefully, the emergency surgery was supposed to save her leg, but above all save her life Brown said the infection is aggressive and life-saving, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it kills 1 in 3 people who receive it, and immediate medical treatment is key. "If not for the rapid reactions and aggressive treatments I would not have done On her trip to the beach, Kylei put her toe in the water, just days after she had her toes rubbed off on a skateboard, scratches on her toe, scratches on her toe, and so on Lose your life, "Brown said, finally home, Kylei still has a needle for her antibiotics in her arm, her leg still wrapped and ready for her again with the therapy. "I told my mother that I wanted to be normal with my leg," Kylei said. As the family begins its long journey to recovery, Brown wants other families to know the dangers and signs of such infections. She hopes that other family vacations to the beach will not end tragically. "It's hard for me to think about waiting for another day or a few more hours," Brown said. "We're just so happy." If you have open wounds, CDC says you should avoid spending time in hot tubs, swimming pools, and open water. It is important to keep the wounds clean and covered and if you have symptoms of an infection get immediate treatment.

A 12-year-old girl from Indiana became ill with a life-threatening, carnivorous infection while vacationing with her family on a Florida beach.

Kylei Brown stayed in the hospital for a week and underwent surgery.

"It's just so hard to see friends and family on the beach, having fun because we did the same and I nearly lost them," said Michelle Brown, Kylei's mother, as Kylei, to Destin, Florida earlier this month , traveled, she got pain in her leg. When the family returned to Indiana, the pain swelled and fever developed. Brown called and made an appointment with her doctor, but she did not realize how bad the situation was until the doctor referred her to an emergency room. Riley, my anxiety went from 0 to 110, "Brown said." I knew something

Brown said the doctors first thought it might be a blood clot, watching in horror as her daughter's condition worsened.

"Her blood pressure just went down continuously," she said Brown. "It was rough."

The doctors soon discovered that Kylei had a necrotizing fasciitis and had to undergo surgery to eradicate the infection.

"The emergency surgery should hopefully save her leg, but more importantly "To save their lives," Brown said.

The infection is aggressive and life-threatening, killing 1 in 3 people, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Medical treatment is the key.

"Without the quick reactions and aggressive treatments, I would not have them," said Brown.

The bacterium normally contracts in the water and penetrates through an open wound. On the way to the beach, Kylei sticks her toes in the water just days after she had her toes rubbed off on a skateboard oard.

"It started with a scratch on her toe, a scratch on her toe that nearly killed her," Brown said.

Now, back home, Kylei still has a needle in her arm her antibiotics. Her leg is still wrapped and she starts the therapy to go again.

"I told my mother I just wanted to be normal with my leg again," Kylei said.

When the family begins its long journey to Brown, other families want to know the dangers and signs of such infections. She hopes that other family vacations to the beach will not end in tragedy.

"It's hard for me to wonder if I've been waiting another day or a few more hours," Brown said. "We're just so happy."

If you have open wounds, you should avoid spending time in hot tubs, swimming pools, and open water, according to the CDC.

It's important to keep wounds clean and covered When you notice symptoms of infection, seek treatment immediately.

AlertMe


Source link