قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / 12-year-old Indiana girl ill with a carnivorous disease during Florida vacation

12-year-old Indiana girl ill with a carnivorous disease during Florida vacation



MOORESVILLE, IND. – A Florida family vacation resulted in a week of hospitalization for an Indiana family. Her 12-year-old daughter Kylei fell ill with a life-threatening infection on the beach.

"It's just so hard to see friends and family on the beach having fun because we did the same thing there, and I almost lost them. Kyleis mother Michelle Brown said.

Toward the end of their trip to Destin, Florida, this month, Kylei got pain in her leg. When the family returned to Indiana, the pain swelled and fever developed. Brown called and made an appointment with her doctor, but she did not realize how bad the situation was until the doctor referred her to the emergency room.

"When they told us we had to go home and pack up and leave Riley, my fear went from 0 to 1

10," Brown said. "I knew something was wrong."

Brown said the doctors first thought it might be a blood clot. She watched in horror as the condition of her daughters worsened.

"It was rough."

The doctors soon discovered that Kylei had necrotizing fasciitis. She had to undergo surgery to remove the infection.

Life, "said Brown.

The infection is aggressive and life-threatening, according to the CDC, it kills 1 in 3 people who receive it, and rapid medical treatment is the key.

Because of rapid reactions and aggressive treatments I would not have them, "said Brown.

The bacterium normally contracts in the water and penetrates through an open wound. On her trip to the beach, Kylei put her toe in the water. just days after she rubbed her toe on a skateboard, her toe is scratching her toe, and it almost cost her her life, "Brown said.

Now, finally home, Kylei still has a needle for her Antibiotic in her arms, her leg is still wrapped and she starts the therapy to go back.

"I told my mother I just wanted to be normal with my leg again," Kylei said.

In his recovery, Brown wants other families to know the dangers and signs, hoping that other family vacations to the beach will not end in tragedy.

"It's hard for me to think about whether I waited another day or a few more hours, "Brown said." We're just lucky. "

The CDC says if you have open wounds, you should avoid spending time in hot tubs, swimming pools, and open water to spend. [19659003] It is important to keep wounds clean and covered, and if symptoms of infection occur, immediate treatment is required.


Source link