Talk to him, the officer told the teen. Just keep talking, he repeated.
The teenager faced his friend and implored him to remain conscious, witnesses said.
"Please do not die," pleaded the teenager.
the officer trained him. "Do not stop talking," he said.
Joseph, a hairdresser who had just shot three people on Friday night on the south side, had watched the scene develop from his business. His mobile barbershop – chairs, mirrors and tools arranged in a bus – was parked in the 700 block of East 50th Street in the vicinity of Bronceville, when a barrage of gunfire sounded at 18:50
The corner is one the barbers legs, and the business was full on Friday night. But the activity suddenly came to a standstill as the clients and staff hid under the gunfire, said Joseph, who did not want to give his last name.
"Everyone hit the ground," he said.
When it was safe The guests and the staff stood up and saw a man on the ground who did not move. The 21
Less than a mile away in the same neighborhood, a man whose age was unknown was shot in the back of the head by 8 pm by an accomplice, while shooting at other people, the police said.
The male was with two others in the 500th block of East 47th Street when they started firing. The male was accidentally shot by one of his comrades, the police said. He was transferred to the University of Chicago Medical Center.
The four were shot dead among 14 people, 2 deadly, in Chicago Friday and early Saturday, including a woman who was killed while she was riding in Lyft in the back of the shipyards neighborhood  The woman sat on Saturday at 12.30 in the 4500 block of South Paulina Street on the South Side in the car when someone started firing and stabbed them in the back. She was taken to Stroger Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Angie Castro had received a desperate phone call from her boyfriend driving the Lyft, where the woman was shot dead. Castro worked all night but had recently taken a break at Castro before leaving. Shortly thereafter, he told her that a woman had been shot in his car.
"He was shocked, nervous," she said.
Formerly a man whose age was unknown was killed driving by in Washington The Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side, police said.
Someone shot at him from a passing dark vehicle and hit him at 8:30 pm in the chest on Friday in the 1500 block of North Talman Avenue. He was declared dead at Stroger Hospital.
In Other Gunfights:
- At 4:15 pm on Saturday, a man, 27, and a woman, 38, were shot in the Fernwood Quarter Far South Side, the police said, they stood in the 300 block of West 104th Place, when someone in a dark Chevrolet Camaro fired at them and the man in the abdomen and the woman in the lower back met Advocate Christ Medical Center at Oak Lawn, where the woman stabilized and the man was in critical condition.
- A 28-year-old man w shot in the leg at 10:45 am Friday in the 1300 block of West 110th Square in the Morgan Park neighborhood on the Far South Side, police said. He was outside when someone stepped out of a champagne-colored hatchback and fired shots. He was stabilized in the Little Company of Mary Hospital.
- Shortly before 8:00 pm, a 34-year-old man was shot in the leg when the gunman approached South Austin on a gang in the 600 block of North Leamington Avenue in the West Side, police said. He was stabilized at West Suburban Hospital at Oak Park.
- At 5:40 pm, a 26-year-old man in the Englewood neighborhood of the South Side was shot in the 5900 block of South Ada Street. The man drove himself to Holy Cross Hospital, where he was listed in serious condition. The police said the victim should be taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
- A 20-year-old woman was shot in the chest in the 3100 block of West Madison Street in East Garfield Park on the West Side. 10 o'clock She walked down the street as an inmate of a passing vehicle fired shots, the police said. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where her condition had stabilized.
- At 14:45. In the Roseland area of Far South Side, a 24-year-old man suffered a chest abrasion in the 11300 block of South Normal Avenue. He was stationed in a hospital.
- A 46-year-old man was wounded at 12:15. After being approached by two people who followed him to a shop in South Austin where he was beaten and shot with a gun, the police said. He had gone to the store in the 500-block building on North Cicero Avenue when the attackers came in, held him back and hit him with a gun before shooting him to the left side of the chest, the police said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.