Grandma's fireworks recalls about 25,000 fireworks after an explosion in which a boy lost his hand in Oxford. All the fireworks were sold at Grandma's Fireworks in West College Corner, Indiana, from January 2009 to April 2019. One difficult thing is that we are always so careful and both are grandmothers and we really went out of their way. When we heard this was something of ours, we were both depressed, "said Chris Hannon, co-owner of The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said the recall was due to fireworks being overcharged with pyrotechnics for an audible effect This is in violation of federal regulations for this product, and the overloaded fireworks can cause an explosion that exceeds expectations and causes an explosion. "The consumer is at risk of burns, Hannon said she did not know that Fireworks violate federal regulations because the manufacturer in China mislabeled them. "We did everything according to the book," Hannon said. "Everything the government calls back has been '& # 39 ;, which means that it is firecrackers for which we have a sales license. "The recall alarm referred to two 1
Grandma's fireworks recall some 25,000 fireworks after an explosion in which a boy lost his hand at Oxford.
All the fireworks were sold at Grandmas Fireworks in West College Corner, Indiana from January 2009 to April 2019.
"I think the hard part is that we are always so careful, and we are both grandmas and we are each other really, very hard.When we heard that this was something of ours, we both were downcast, "said Chris Hannon, co-owner of Grandma's.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said the recall was due to firecrackers being overcharged with pyrotechnics that caused an audible effect and was in violation of federal regulations governing this product.
The overloaded fireworks can lead to a better-than-expected explosion, which presents consumers with a risk of explosion and burns.
Hannon said she did not know that the fireworks violated federal regulations because the manufacturer in China mislabeled them.
"We did everything after the book," Hannon said. "Anything the government calls back has '# 1.4', which means it's firecrackers for which we have a sales license."
The recall notice cited two 12-year-old boys who were injured following an explosion in March, probably caused by a broken Talon missile, one of the recalled fireworks.
The explosion took place in March 19 on East Withrow Street, near the college grounds, leaving one of the boys, Caleb Bogan, to lose his hand.
The other boy, Brendon Jones, suffered minor injuries.
"I'm glad the fireworks were called back because I do not want anyone to go through this because it's not something you want to go through," Bogan said.
The recall stated that the Oxford Police Department was investigating the fireworks and cooperated with the CPSC to initiate the recall.
The recall said that the boys had found and set fire to the broken end of a Talon rocket.
The Talon rocket is listed in the recall notification as sold in $ 40 packages.
The US Commission for Product Safety said that anyone who bought the fireworks should stop using it immediately and return it to Grandma's fireworks for a full refund.
CPSC did not say if this fireworks could be on the shelves in other stores.  View a complete list of fireworks recalled here.