Slightly more than 31,000 pounds of chicken products were recalled after being feared that they might be contaminated with bone pieces and other "foreign materials".
The United States Department of Agriculture issued a Class I recall for some chicken products from Perdue Foods LLC.
The fully cooked chicken products were produced on March 21, 2019 and include the following:
- 11.2 oz. Plastic trays labeled "PERDUE Simply Smart ORGANICS BREAD CHICKEN BREAST OFFERS – GLUTEN FREE" with the inscription "USE BY MAY 20 2019" and the UPC bar code 072745-001437.
- 12 oz. Plastic bowls labeled "PERDUE Simply Smart ORGANICS BREAD CHICKEN BREAST NUGGETS – WHOLE GRAIN" with the words "USE BY MAY 20 2019" and UPC bar code 072745-001642.
- 12 oz. Plastic cups with the inscription "PERDUE Simply Smart ORGANICS BREAD CHICKEN BREAST STRIPS – WHOLE GRAIN" with the inscription "USE BY MAY 20 2019" and the UPC bar code 072745-002656.
- 10-lb. Large packs "Chef Quik Boneless chicken breast fillets boneless Delicately shaped chicken breast fillets with rib meat" with the case code 22143 on the label.
- 10-lb. Box of "Chef Quik Chicken Breast Strips Strip Shaped Breaded Chicken Breast Patties with Rib Meat" with Case Code 77265 on the label.
The problem was discovered after USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service and Perdue Foods received complaints from consumers.
A class I remember is a hazardous situation where, with reasonable probability, the use of the product causes serious, harmful consequences or death.
Read the official press release here.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.