قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Entertainment / & # 39; The Chew & # 39; was canceled at ABC After Seven Seasons

& # 39; The Chew & # 39; was canceled at ABC After Seven Seasons



The Chew has been canceled, reports ABC News. The news comes five months after cohost Mario Batali was released on charges of sexual misconduct.

Employees were told in an official meeting on Wednesday, May 23, that the show had been canceled from the network, a source tells Us Weekly . The decision was made because Good Morning America is expanded to include a third-hour programming that will take over The Chew window when it will be premiered in September.

The Chew will air until September, with new episodes in June. The show is currently in its seventh season and has banked 1

,454 episodes in its run.

  The-Chew-2018-Canceled
Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall and Michael Symon on the Chewing Bone ABC / Lorenzo Bevilaqua 19659008] What is renewed and what is canceled? Find out about the status of your favorite TV shows

Ben Sherwood, co-chair of Disney Media Networks and president of Disney | ABC Television praised the food talk show, according to ABC News: "This is the right decision It's bittersweet for our business too." For seven years The Chew has thrilled audiences with innovative food segments in an entertaining atmosphere We applaud and thank Gordon Elliott, Aimee Householder, Michael Symon Carla Hall Clinton Kelly and all the cast and crew for their great work and amazing run, and we wish them all the best . "

Elliott, the creator and executive producer of the show, was grateful to the network for giving him the chance to win the show. "Before The Chew nobody had tried to try a conversation / food hybrid," he said. "Our hosts Clinton, Carla, and Michael and the staff have written television history that has been as successful at the show as they've been doing over the years, and I know that I speak for all the people working on the show, when I say that it is the best television we have ever been allowed to produce. "

Batali – co-hosted with Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Michael Symon The Chew – is not mentioned in either statement. The 57-year-old cook was released in December 2017 from The Chew for alleged sexual misconduct. "After completing his review of allegations against Mario Batali, ABC has ended his relationship with him and will no longer appear on The Chew ," a spokesman for ABC said in a statement of his day. "While we are not aware of any kind of inappropriate behavior that affects him or anyone on our show, ABC takes such things very seriously, as we are committed to a safe work environment and its behavior violates our standards of behavior." Batali apologized for his behavior, although he claimed not to know his prosecutors.

Hall revealed Us exclusively earlier this month that there were no plans to find a replacement for Batali.



Sign up for the US Weekly Newsletter now to get prominent news, hot pics, and more straight to your inbox!


Source link