DETROIT – The Henry Ford Health System reports that as of Tuesday, 752 COVID-19 patients will be cared for in their various hospitals.
UPDATE – April 8, 2020: 853 Coronavirus patients discharged, number in hospital decreases
Here are some of the updated numbers released on April 7th by Henry Ford Health System:
- A total of # Henry Ford Health System patients who tested negative 5,954.
- A total of # Henry Ford Health System patients who tested positive, 3,902.
- A total of # Henry Ford Health System patients are currently enrolled, 752.
- A total of # Henry Ford Health System patients have been discharged home in the past 30 days, 778.
- Average length of stay in the hospital is 6.35 days.
- Average length of stay in the intensive care unit is 6 days.
Bob Riney of Henry Ford, President of Healthcare Operations and Chief Operating Officer, and Dr. Adnan Munkarah, M.D.̵
Related: Track the latest COVID-19 data in Michigan
Henry Ford Health said that internal testing for patients who are currently in hospital, emergency room patients who are admitted, and Henry Ford Health staff are a priority. Results are reversed within 24 hours, although it may take up to 48 hours due to increased demand, the hospital system says.
Tests performed on outpatients and at Henry Ford transit / triage locations are sent to an external laboratory for processing. These results are expected in about 4-5 days.
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.