قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / A 12-year-old girl has contracted a carnivorous bacterium while on vacation in Florida

A 12-year-old girl has contracted a carnivorous bacterium while on vacation in Florida



12-year-old Kylei Brown and her family initially could not figure out what was wrong with her. The Indiana family came to Destin earlier this month on vacation.

After Kylei spent a day at the beach, she woke up with terrible pain in her lower leg. [MONDAY] We wake up to start our day and Kylei wakes up and she has pain in her calf on the right leg, "her mother Michelle Brown told CNN affiliate WKRG.

Everyone just thought it was a Charlie horse, and the family went on vacation. But the next day, Kylei's pain was even worse. It was so bad that she could not even walk.

"At that point, I had to put her on my back and carry her around," Brown said. Kylei's leg swelled and she got a fever.

It's fast-paced and deadly

On the way back to Indiana, the family turned to Kylei's doctor. The doctor told Brown to take Kylei to IU Health's Riley Hospital for Children's emergency room. At that moment, the family found that the infection behind her knee was a necrotizing fascitis, a rare carnivorous disease. It is fast-paced and deadly, and 1
in 3 people who die get it.

"They took her to an emergency operation to remove the infection from her leg, and they did." I tried to save her leg and rescue her because the infection is progressing so fast, "Brown told the TV channel.

" Without the quick reactions and aggressive treatments, I would not have them, "Brown told CNN daughter WXIN

Days of Surgery Lying in Front of Her

While recovering, Kylei has to undergo days of surgery and months of therapy to learn how to walk again, so far she has had three surgeries The family has released a GoFundMe page where donations are collected to pay for their escalating medical bills.

Necrotizing fascitis can be caused by various types of bacteria, such as Strep group A or Vibrio vulnificus. The bacteria, which are common in the water, can enter the body through an open wound, and Brown thinks Kylei had a sore on her lower leg after sitting on one Skateboard had hurt before the family went to Florida.

The CDC recommends that you do not spend time in natural waters, hot tubs, or swimming pools if you have an open wound

"We take this issue seriously and work with the health ministries of Alabama and Indiana to provide information on this case Emerson George, a spokesperson for the Department of Health, said in an email:

CNN has turned to the family and is waiting for a response.


Source link