قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / A man from Texas dies days after he became infected with carnivorous bacteria during the beach trip on July 4th, his wife says

A man from Texas dies days after he became infected with carnivorous bacteria during the beach trip on July 4th, his wife says



Recent photos of Gary Evans show him holding up two crabs caught on a trip to the beach where he celebrated July 4th with family and friends. Hours later, his wife said he was seriously ill and had to be taken to the hospital where he was taken to intensive care and treated for Vibrio, which later led to a fatal case of necrotizing fasciitis.

IS & # 39; MEAT-EFFECTIVE BACTERIA ON THE WAY TO A BEACH NEAR YOU?

"They did everything they could," said Debra Mattix, the widow of the 56-year-old, the lawyer of Victoria. "He was very, very ill and it hit him. It spread in his liver and kidneys and he was on a respirator. It also got into his bloodstream and started to break down his veins. Mattix, who lived at Evans in Victoria, Texas, said they visited Magnolia Beach but did not go into the water, telling KHOU1

1 that her husband's hat had been blown into the water several times, but that he had no open cuts or scratches that they knew about.

  Gary Evans Visited Magnolia Beach with Family and Friends on July 4

Gary Evans was in Magnolia Beach with his family and friends on July 4th.
(Courtesy of Grace Funeral Home.)

"He was there in his element … all he loved most – his friends, his family, his crabs on the water," Mattix told the Victoria Advocate , "But on Saturday morning he could not walk, so fast it hit."

On July 8, Evans died at the Citizens Medical Center in Victoria.

FLORIDA WOMAN WAS ESTABLISHED FROM MEATFRESSY BACTERIA INFECTIONS WHEN THE DOCTOR IS RISING.

While Vibrio's cases appear to be increasing in the southern areas of the US, the Victoria Health Department told the news agency that there was only one other case this year, with one in April Officials said they had received no reports of necrotizing fasciitis.

A doctor told Fox 13 News that he expects the numbers to continue to rise until August when temperatures are even higher. [19659004] "With increasing water, infection rates keep getting warmer," said Dr. Matt Swearingen of Florida Gulf Coast University told The News agency.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US), Vibriose causes an estimated 80,000 illnesses and 100 deaths each year in the United States. CDC). Patients become infected by eating either uncooked or raw seafood or exposing a wound to seawater. Most infections occur between May and October when the water temperatures are warmer.

CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS APP

Vibrio vulnificus infections can lead to the development of necrotizing fasciitis, especially in patients with underlying health conditions. But Mattix, who said that her husband's legs developed pustules that had to be operated on before his death, said Evans was in good health before he got the infection.

"We arrived there and they let me know that he would not go home; He went straight to intensive care, "she told the Victoria lawyer. "Doctors started treating him for Vibrio, but that was not confirmed until the next day, when they said it had started manifesting."


Source link