A Pennsylvania man earlier this week alleged that he was assaulted on vacation at the same Dominican Republic resort where a Delaware woman claimed she had been attacked and beaten by a hotel employee.
told Robert Walker of New Castle WPXI he traveled to the Majestic Elegance Resort in Punta Cana earlier this year and when he returned from the casino to his hotel room he was jumped from behind by two robbers.
"I just started swinging, I'm crazy and you fled," he said. "I go back to my room and have a bunny the size of a baseball and was worried for a few days."
DOMINICAN TOURISM OFFICIAL DOWNPLAY SPATE OF AMERICAN TOURIST DEATH IN THE CARIBBEAN NATION
According to Walker, the attack occurred around the time Tammy Lawrence-Daley said she was at the end of January been attacked for hours in a maintenance cabinet. She claimed that the attacker was wearing a resort uniform.
The woman from Wilmington, Del., Had leaked the alleged attack on Facebook, published cruel photos of her injuries and raised questions about handling the resort's investigation and the safety of tourists at the hotel.
Dominican authorities said there was disagreement in their report on the alleged attack and Lawrence-Daley refused to file a local police report. Earlier in the month, the hotel said that the Delaware woman had published her story after refusing her request for $ 2.2 million.
Lawrence Daley's attorney later accused the hotel of having accused the victim.
DOMINICAN TOURISM OFFICIAL PROMISE "DISCIPLINARY MEASURES" WHEN US TOURIST DEATH PROBLEMS NEGLIGENCE
In Walker's case, he told WPXI that he had gone to hotel officials to investigate the alleged attack and it fell "on deaf ears". 1
It was not clear in the WPXI article whether Walker had submitted a report to the police in Punta Cana.
A Majestic Elegance Resort spokeswoman did not respond immediately Request from Fox News to return a comment Saturday.
Carmen Barcelo told PhillyVoice on Friday that the management of the hotel did not know about the incident until Walker talked to the media. She said an investigation into the incident had begun.
Walker's allegations go back to the recent deaths of American tourists in the Dominican Republic and the shooting of ex-MLB star David Ortiz in the island's capital. These incidents have raised questions about the safety of tourists on the Caribbean island.
CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS APP
On Friday, Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia seemed to play it down. In a later interview with Fox News, Garcia insisted that deaths were natural causes However, however, promised that "disciplinary action" would be taken, if so, any negligence of the resorts, which led to death.
Elizabeth Llorente, Ryan Gaydos and Alexandra Deabler of Fox News contributed to this report.