قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / A shadowy North Korean dissident group says it has raided the embassy and contacted the FBI

A shadowy North Korean dissident group says it has raided the embassy and contacted the FBI



Cheollima Civil Defense, a mysterious organization whose aim is to overthrow the Kim regime in North Korea, also denied that other foreign governments were involved in the operation or that it coincided with the summit of President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un connected in Hanoi, which occurred days later.

"This was not an attack, we responded to an urgent situation in the Madrid Embassy, ​​we were invited to the Embassy and, contrary to the reports, nobody was gagged or beaten out of respect for the host country Spain, no weapons were used. All the inhabitants of the embassy were treated with dignity and necessary caution, and no other governments were involved in our activities who were aware of the event, "said a statement released by CCD.

"We have evidence to verify our account, so to protect those who seek our help and those who take a high risk to protect others, we are currently unable to report on the event She is extremely committed to sensitive work around the world, "she added. The statement was released hours after the announcement of a Spanish judge on Tuesday that the FBI had been contacted by one of the alleged intruders who had carried out the mysterious raid on the North Korean embassy in Madrid and last month offered stolen data during of the outrageous attack.

Judge José de la Mata raised a secret decree on the investigation into the February 22 attack and provided "a report on what had happened before, during and after the attack," as evidenced by a document of the Spanish Supreme Court. 1
9659003] The alleged incident was carried out by ten people the judge said were "identifying themselves as members of an association or human rights movement for the liberation of North Korea." The court document does not specifically name CCD.

Five days after the attack, the FBI was contacted by the alleged leader of the group, a US-based leader, "to provide information about the incident at the embassy and about the allegedly received audiovisual material" during the raid. it says in the document.

"He also stated that he had carried out the events together with a group of unidentified individuals of his own volition," he adds.

The judge also said that he believed the identified intruders, including American and South Korean citizens, were traveling to the US after the attack.

Deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Robert Palladino said on Tuesday that the US administration had "nothing to do with the attack on the embassy." He also pointed out that the US "would always demand the protection of embassies belonging to a diplomatic mission around the world."

The FBI declined to comment.

CCD claims that they voluntarily shared information with the FBI, but at the request of the bureau.

"No information about Madrid was shared with any party in anticipation of any benefit or money in exchange.The organization provided the FBI in the United States with certain information of tremendous potential value under mutual secrecy at their request, not our own, these conditions seem to have been broken, "the statement says, referring to media reports that point to the onset of work.

  What happened in the North Korean Embassy in Spain last month?

The Spanish authorities confirmed earlier this month that they are investigating a reported attack on the embassy, ​​but they are not refusing to provide information on an ongoing investigation.

The Spanish Ministry of the Interior had said this before commenting on any active investigations.

Earlier reports of the attack, published by the Spanish newspaper El País, said a group of people carrying fake firearms entered the grounds, interrogating people and beating the inmates.

The alleged attackers then held back According to the Spanish media, the employees reported with a rope and a variety of items before fleeing in luxury vehicles.

Similar details were revealed in the Spanish court document published on Tuesday.

A source familiar with the incident told CNN The Cheollima Civil Defense, a shadowy North Korean dissident group, is behind the attack that took place a few days before US President Don ald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held their second summit in the Vietnamese capital Hanoi.

The meeting between Trump and Kim ended abruptly, partly because of disagreements over when UN sanctions should be repealed in return for steps against the denuclearization of Pyongyang. But Trump and his helpers said both sides were on good terms.

The Washington Post first reported on the involvement of the secret group. They also first reported that the FBI had been contacted by alleged intruders.

The Cheollima Civil Defense gained international recognition for the first time after allegedly taking over the defense of Kim Han Sol, son of Kim Jong Nam. Kim Jong Nam, the North Korean leader's older half-brother, was exposed to deadly nerve agent VX in 2017 when he entered an airport in Kuala Lumpur and killed him within minutes. US, South Korean and Malaysian authorities have arrested the attack on Pyongyang, but North Korea has denied any responsibility.

It is unclear why Kim Jong Nam was killed. If North Korea was behind the murder, Kim Jong was not the case. Un regarded his brother and family as a potential threat to his leadership.

"The Cheollima Civil Defense has established credibility by acting swiftly and bringing Kim Han Sol, son of Kim Jong Nam, within days of his father's cruel murder." said Sung-Yoon Lee, a professor at the Fletcher School of Law and Diploma at Tufts University.


Source link