قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / According to prosecutors, the tenth suspect in the case of David Ortiz is in court on Saturday

According to prosecutors, the tenth suspect in the case of David Ortiz is in court on Saturday



On Friday, the prosecutor of Santo Domingo announced that he would demand a 40-year prison sentence for alleged shooter Rolfi Ferrera Cruz. Such a punishment is, according to Dominican law, the maximum for crimes with a firearm.

"He will not see the sun for the next 40 years," said Milciades Guzmán, the chief prosecutor, to television reporters in Spanish.

Late Friday, the Dominican authorities indicted nine suspects in connection with the shootings, including 25-year-old Cruz. The indictment means that the authorities can detain suspects for up to a year while investigators investigate what they claimed to be an orchestrated strike on Ortiz.

43-year-old Ortiz is hospitalized at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where he was taken to treatment on Monday.

The Dominican authorities did not tell who ordered the attack on Ortiz or what the motive might be, even though they indicated that they would like to submit more details next week. According to prosecutors, the alleged contractors were paid around $ 7,800 for the murder of Ortiz, which is revered both in his homeland and in Massachusetts.

Documents recently filed by prosecutors highlight Cruz's moves after the shootings at Dial Bar and Lounge. At 9:30 pm Sunday, 1

0 minutes after the shooting, Cruz arrived at the home of a man he knew holding a gun and who, according to the Globe, looked scared.

Cruz told the man identified by the police as Juan Carlos Reynoso that he had fled from people who had tried to attack him and managed to grab their weapon.

Reynoso said he called Cruz a taxi and Cruz had gone out loud.

Cruz reportedly said from prison that Ortiz was not his intended target and said he was confused about his target because he had only been told the color of the man's clothing.

A prosecutor spokesman has rejected Cruz's allegations broadcast by Dominican media.

Authorities claim that Cruz was taken to the bar last Sunday on a motorcycle owned by Eddy Vladimir Feliz Garcia, 23, who had been wheeled off the bike after being shot, beaten by civilians, and then arrested. Garcia's lawyer said his client unintentionally picked up Cruz as a fare.

After the shootings, police found surveillance material showing Garcia and Cruz huddling with five other men in a silver car in a street near the bar. The vehicle was driven by Oliver Moises Mirabal Acosta, who was accused of taking possession of the weapon used in the attack and subsequently handing it over to another suspect.

The same men were seen together at 5 o'clock in the neighborhood of Las Caobas: 30 o'clock, about four hours before the shooting of Ortiz.

According to the documents, the police believe the conspiracy to shoot Ortiz was evicted from prison with inmates Jose Eduardo Ciprian Lebron and Carlos Rafael Alvarez, who were in contact with Acosta, Luis, Rivas Clase, 31, and another person who recruits people for participating in the attack.


Aimee Ortiz can be reached at [email protected] Follow her on Twitter @aimee_ortiz . Laura Crimaldi can be reached at [email protected] Follow her on Twitter @lauracrimaldi . Maria Cramer can be reached at [email protected] Follow her on Twitter @globemcramer .


Source link