قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Accused gunman David Ortiz claims the strike was not targeted

Accused gunman David Ortiz claims the strike was not targeted



The man accused of shooting David Ortiz on a bogus $ 8,000 contract claimed on Thursday that the baseball legend was not his intended target – but he was confused about the retired racquet.

"That was not David, it was not for David … was confused," Rolfi Ferreira Cruz called Spanish journalists through the bars of a police custody cell in the Dominican Republic.

The 25-year-old claimed Listin Diario reported he's been dropped from the colors of Ortiz's.

The former Red Sox player, ten-time All-Star and three-time World Series champion, is the most famous athlete in his native Dominican Republic Foot-3 and 230 pounds, he definitely stands out.

Ferreira Cruz's bizarre admission came one day after local authorities claimed the former resident of New Jersey had confessed to being the shooter of Ortiz

Video published by the authorities On Thursday, the shooter runs to the Dial Bar and Lounge in Santo Domingo and opens the fire on the 43-year-old from close range.

Ortiz was He was wounded, but survived after a friend brought him to the emergency room. Ortiz was later flown to Boston, where he still recovered on Thursday.

The video ̵

1; composed of surveillance videos – also shows the moments before the shooting in which the motorcyclist Eddy Vladimir Feliz García met with other suspects in the US federal case near the bar.

Witnesses said the gunman had driven up Feliz García's motorcycle before shooting – and tried to get back in, but had fled when angry pubs surrounded the vehicle.

] Ferreira Cruz has already been involved in two 2017 2017 robberies in New Jersey, allegedly detaining a 26-year-old and a 41-year-old man that same evening, the Passaic County Sheriff's Office confirmed Thursday.

The owner of a bodega near one of the robberies said she and her husband recognized his search after arrest in the Dominican Republic.

  Rolfi Ferreira Cruz and David Ortiz
Rolfi Ferreira Cruz

"The other day we watched television and my husband said: 'Hey, I know him! "Magda Cruz, 41, said at her convenience store on Highland Avenue in Clifton.

"I recognize him. He lives here nearby. He was a customer. He came in regularly. Not for the last year … He returned to the Dominican Republic.

Another shootout suspect, Luis Alfredo Rivas Clase, was arrested in Passaic County in 2016 for allegedly driving around with an illegal machine gun and a high-powered magazine, the authorities said. At that time, he lived according to the sheriff's office in Queens.

Rivas Clase – referred to by the Dominican authorities as "The Surgeon" – is also being sought in connection with a shootout in April 2018 in Reading, Pennsylvania, remains at stake in the Ortiz case.

Additional coverage by Craig McCarthy


Source link