Home / US / After a short call, Mama warns others about children and washing machines

After a short call, Mama warns others about children and washing machines



CONIFER, Colorado – A mother from Colorado has posted a spooky warning after buying a front-load washer on Facebook, reports CBS Denver. Lindsey McIver admitted that she was reluctant to tell her story – "First, because of the inevitable online mom-shaming that will follow, and second, because it's really hard to live again."

McIver said the family washes The machine collapsed earlier this month, and she and her husband bought a replacement.

"We thought it was the" new and cool "type of washing machine and did not think about it.We spent the evening putting it under our feet and told them several times that they did not touch it should, "McIver said. "They all answered" OK. "

McIver said that her four-year-old son woke her up early one morning," so crying that he could barely speak. "

" When I tried to understand what he said to my husband, he flew out of bed and down the stairs. It was then that the realization struck, "wrote McIver." He had said: 'Kloe. Inside. Washer & #. 39; [

McIver said when they reached the laundry room in the basement, they found out that their 3-year-old daughter was trapped in the washing machine ̵

1; and she staggered and filled with water.

"She screamed, but you could not hear her," McIver wrote. Fortunately, they were able to stop the machine and Kloe only suffered a few small bumps on her head.

"After all, what could have been 'and' could have been, we know that we are very blessed and God has mercy on our sweet daughter," McIver said.

I was hesitant to write this post. First, because of the inevitable online mom-shaming that will ensue; and …

Posted by Lindsey McIver on Wednesday, July 11, 2018

"I post that because I can honestly say we did not recognize the danger of this machine," McIver wrote. "We are always surprised by the new, inventive ways our children are developing to try and die, and that was definitely a new one."

McIver said after the incident that they have found a parental control in the settings, when activated, the machine can not start.

"I want to encourage everyone who has this kind of front loader washing machine and little kids or even grandchildren locking the door with a child safety lock and a door. Keep the child safety lock on!" McIver wrote:

McIver said that she herself herself has beaten up that she takes no further precautions, but said: "We must be open and honest about our mistakes to help each other, to bring our children to safety."

is the season for swimming pool accidents and children left in hot cars and any other terrible accidents. And that's what most of them are. Accidents. Shaming the mother does no good for anyone, "McIver wrote," and trust me, this mother has beaten herself enough. "

As of Monday, her post was shared more than 270,000 times.

© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc . All rights reserved.


Source link