Updated Jul 29, 2018 11:44 PM EDT
DARIEN, DARIA, Wisconsin – Authorities say 15 people were hospitalized after an ammonia leak at a bird feed factory in southeast Wisconsin. Several agencies responded to the plant in the village of Darien on early Sunday.
Authorities say 140 people worked in the factory overnight when alarms and sensors went off.
Ammonia is being used in the freezing and cooling facility
An employee of the Dangerous Goods Team says that 1
WDJT-TV writes that the plant is ventilated by various methods, including the use of several airboats that blow the gas out of the building.
Pinnacle Foods of New Jersey, which owns Birds Eye, said several employees were hospitalized but no other details were immediately available.
Officials say that there is no threat to the community.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.