A US tourist in Australia underwent emergency surgery last week after being knocked unconscious in a random attack, Australian media reported.
The suspects have already been found out.
The unknown 32-year-old victim is a traveling musician who visits Melbourne, the authorities said. He left shortly before 23:30 from a tram. Wednesday, when the attack took place.
AMERICAN KILLS AT BOW AND ARROW-WIELDING TRIBE, DURING THE FIELD REMOTE INDIAN ISLAND
"Apparently the victim is obviously not motivated When he gets off a tram, he runs towards him and we do not know why. "Victoria Police Det. Chief policeman Matthew Coleiro told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. "He beats him to the point where he is unconscious, hovers over him and seems to mock him, and once he regains consciousness, he continues the attack until he is unconscious again, floats over him again and leaves him the middle of the street. "
The man regained consciousness and found help from a passerby 30 minutes later. He underwent two surgeries to stop the bleeding in his brain and repair a broken jaw. Coleiro said the man also suffered a memory loss.
He was expected to fly home after six weeks in Australia on Saturday.
"His family has been notified abroad, he has no other support network here in this country," Coleiro told the network.
CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS APP
. The investigators are reviewing surveillance material that has captured the attack.
"Hopefully we can find out who this person is" He will calm down and calm down, "said Coleiro.