قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Entertainment / Animal Shelter: NC Lion died after being overheated by high temperatures

Animal Shelter: NC Lion died after being overheated by high temperatures



Sheba the Lion (Carolina Tiger Rescue / Facebook)

PITTSBORO, NC (AP) – A rescue team in North Carolina says one of their lions died after being overheated and suffering from organ failure.

Carolina Tiger Rescue wrote in a Facebook post on Tuesday that the 17-year-old lion named Sheba could not recover despite the efforts of the staff. News agencies are reporting a heatwave that hit the East Coast recently, causing temperatures in excess of 90 degrees.

The nonprofit cat sanctuary states on its website that it protects large cats in the wild and in captivity and houses animals in which the case is confiscated, abandoned or in need of a new home. A previous Facebook post by the group says Sheba was previously used in a boy caressing practice where boys are treated at birth for human money profits.

(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved.) This material may not be published, transmitted, transcribed or redistributed.)


Source link