BioWare has detailed and updated changes to Anthem, its loot-powered shooter, which was officially released today on PS4, Xbox One and PC. A post on the reddit page of the game opens, stating that the developer can make some corrections without needing a patch, but other players will need an update.
In the previous category, BioWare has already addressed a number of issues reported by the community, including one that displays and rewards the wrong amount of coins for some activities, and another that is more likely to rain than intended fell. The type of items that drop the chests and the performance of the shield have also been improved.
BioWare is also working on some other fixes for which the player, as mentioned above, needs to update a download. These include a problem that could result in the end boss not appearing in the game's Heart of Rage fortress, problems with HDR on PS4 and Xbox One, and game crashes. The full list of live and upcoming changes can be found below.
- daily / weekly coin change ̵
- Non-Stop Rain – Fixed an issue that caused the game to rain more than intended
- Fusion Proc Bonuses for Weapons – infusion preparations / bonuses used incorrectly if they were equipped only with the weapon that was in the active slot.
- Chests found in missions – Chests found in missions now have less chance of dropping items of higher rank
- Emotes not properly saved – Fixed an issue where emotes were not saved properly when they were tied.
- Shield-Fix – We've fixed an issue that allows players who still have Shields active to be hit by high damage attacks
- The last boss in the Heart of Fortress Rage is not displayed when the group is disabled before intervening
- HDR on consoles (Xbox One and PS4)
- Some players encounter problems causing them to crash
BioWare has a detailed anthem patch for the first day provided. This patch is relevant, and includes everything from load times and server crashes to adjustments for strongholds, challenges, equipment, weapons, and more.
Anthem became available on Friday, February 15, for those with EA Access subscriptions to Xbox One or Origin Access membership on their PC. Both versions offered a 10-hour trial and Origin Access Premier gave them full access. The general release of the game is today, and if you dive, you should read our Anthem Combo Guide.
The anthem rating of GameSpot was rated 6/10. "Anthem has good ideas, but she has significant execution issues," said Kallie Plagge. "It's a co-op game that works best without anyone talking, it buries really interesting character moments and puts its most incomprehensible story bits to the forefront, and it's thrilling until you get to the boss fights and find yours Even the simple, exciting act of flying is often interrupted by the limitations of your spear, and you can never completely shake off that sense of disappointment – knowing that you will inevitably collapse in the good areas of Anthem. "