Since the release of Apex Legends on February 4, there has been a massive race between players to move the curve in the skill gap.
There are already players who dominate games and set up impressive stats and that pushes players with less skill to improve.
What makes things even more complicated is that Apex Legends has complex and delicate nuances that were not included in previous Battle Royale titles.
With this in mind, YouTuber and battle royale expert TheXclusiveAce have released a video featuring 20 tips for players looking to improve on Apex Legends.
Although he says that the video is meant for beginners, there may be some things he breaks down, even experienced players do not know, and to master the game, one must first master the basics ,
- Land Together, but Separate: The landing system in this game allows all three team members to stick together until they all sit up. While staying together is a good strategy, players should branch off at the last second because when landing in the same spot, players may not find enough loot.
- First, pick up the important items: When you land, always look for armor, helmet, weapon, and ammo, as all four are necessary to survive the early stakes.
- Ammo is the key: Since you are fired by ammunition relatively quickly in this game, you should always replenish more than you think, just in case.
- Headshots: The headshot multipliers for almost every weapon are powerful, even when the opposing player wears a helmet. This makes it very valuable for head shots especially for early stakes.
- Use Movement to Your Advantage: Movement in this game is very important and can be used to eliminate enemies that are unaware of it. Do not hesitate to wave around the players, as many do not expect and can easily be shot in the back.
- Do not be afraid to use your abilities: If you save the skills of your legend, it's not worth it. I will not survive it to use later. Since the skills charge relatively quickly, it is always worthwhile to gain the upper hand.
- It's not worth defeating downcast opponents: Unlike other Battle Royals, it's not worth losing time and ammo knocking down dejected players. Instead, you can use them as bait to kill the remaining squad members.
- Do not Rush to Revive Teammates: For the same reasons, you should not hurry to revive teammates, since enemies might offend you. Just concentrate on defeating the opposing players and you can revive your teammates later if you have to.
- Understand Color Hits: The color of hit tokens indicates which type of armor a player uses, which can help you approach the shootout with a better strategy.
- Know when enemy armor breaks: If you shoot at enemy players and see a colored line with a hit marker, it means you've just broken their armor. This means that you can try to push them while they are vulnerable.
- Take Up the Opponent's Armor: Even if an enemy's armor was broken during a shootout, it still appears to be fully healthy. Instead of wasting shield cells to repair your own armor after a shootout, you must pick up the enemies instead.
- Use Shield Cells First: You should always have Shield Cells as a primary health item since they take three seconds to give you 25 health while syringes need five. Also, you can not even use syringes until your armor is broken anyway.
- Use the Ping System: One of the best features of Apex Legends is the ping system, which lets you point out loot, enemies, and instructions for teammates without saying a word.
- Chute whenever going downhill: If you are driving down a slope, you can hold down the Hock key to slide down faster. This is always a faster option than running
- Using Jump Towers: The large towers with balloons above are a great way to get around the map as you can zip up and reactivate your rocket.
- Holster Weapon Running: You can always support your weapon with a holster to run faster.
- Select the additional weapons: Since you can only hold two weapons at once, you should choose the weapons that complement each other. A good approach is to have one for melee shots and one for melee missions.
- You only need towing hitches: Not every equipment fits any weapon. So, if you see a red shield approaching equipment, it means you have no compatible weapon, so there's no point lifting it .
- Use the Player Counting Markers: The marker showing the number of remaining players is in the upper left corner, and when a question mark evolves, you know that There are less than 10 players left on the map.
- Take Shootouts to Improve: The only way to improve yourself in this game is to take shootouts instead of tents as this will help build tactical awareness, shooting skills and reactions for the future.
You can watch the full video of TheXclusiveAce below about these 20 Apex legends as it goes down below, demonstrating some in the game.
Are there any other tips that you think are on the list? Let us know by tweeting @Titanfallblog or @Dexerto and suggesting your ideas!