Apple is hosting one of its flagship product presentations today in Chicago on March 27, starting at 10:00 am ET, 11:00 am ET or 8:00 pm PT. Recode will handle it live; Update our Apple section for the latest version.
The event is referred to as an educational theme – the invitation reads, "Join us to hear creative new ideas for teachers and students" – and all in one go to a public high (19659003)
- A new, cheaper iPad tablet "that should appeal to the education market," says Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, who says Apple will also show "new software" for the classroom. "Some seem to believe that it supports a version of the Apple Pencil Stylus that was previously only an iPad Pro.
- A rumored price tag of $ 259 would be about 20 percent cheaper than today's standard iPad, which starts at $ 329. It would be nearly half the price of the original iPad that debuted in 201
- As The Tom Warren of The Verge states, this is Apple's new attempt to fend off Google's Chromebooks, which are very popular in training
- What could Apple's new classroom software do? A new tool called "ClassKit," which can be found in the iOS beta code, may also help software developers develop educational apps in tests.
- We may hear more about Apple's student target "Everybody can code" program that is expanding schools and colleges in Chicago.
- In addition, there is a handy wishlist from the bek education technician Fraser Speirs in tweeted two tweets including "unlimited iCloud storage" An AppleID directory service, "bulk purchase support" for in-app purchases, a more robust device management system, "desktop class" Browser compatibility ", etc.
- Apple will probably also override some other features that are included in the upcoming iOS 11.3 release, possibly with new battery health information (added after last year's Slowgate) and Business Chat, which companies use to provide their customers with iMessages in apps inform (and even sell) such as Safari, Maps and Siri – a would-be competitor to similar services of Facebook.
- We do not expect much more. Apple's next major product presentation is expected to be at the annual Worldwide Developers Conference in June. There you can expect things like iOS 12 and maybe some new Macs, iPad Pros, etc.