قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Technology / Apple iOS 13 improves battery life by optimizing battery charging

Apple iOS 13 improves battery life by optimizing battery charging



Apple CEO Tim Cook speaks at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Jose, California on June 3, 2019.

Mason Trinca | Reuters

Apple's new iOS 13 iPhone software includes a feature that can extend the life of your battery.

This is important.

Instead, users often continue to update their phones for three or four years every two years, as was the case with smartphones, and was dramatically improved with each release.

But batteries lose their ability to hold a charge as effectively as they age, which means the battery life starts getting worse.

Apple launched a battery replacement program in 201

8 after it was criticized that older iPhones are slowing down to maintain performance. Since then, an option has been added that allows users to determine if their battery has the maximum capacity. If this is not the case, users can use their phone to have the battery replaced by Apple.

The new iOS 13 builds on this even further and has a built-in function that keeps the battery longer in the first place. [19659009] The new optimized battery charging feature in iOS 13.

Todd Haselton | CNBC

The new feature called "Optimized Battery Charging" will be launched this fall for iPhones in the iOS 13 update. However, it's already available for developer testing before a public preview is released next month. I found it on my iPhone under the battery settings running the iOS 13 developer preview. It was turned on by default, which means you may not even need to activate it if the software is available this fall.

Apple's iOS 13 website explains how it works:

"A new option helps reduce battery aging by reducing the time it takes for your iPhone to fully charge." The iPhone uses machine learning to understand your daily charging routine so it can wait Stop charging to 80% until you need to use it. "

Apple's battery website explains that the lithium-ion batteries in an iPhone are up to 80% fast can charge. The remaining 20 percent use a "trickle charge" that "reduces the current to extend the life of the battery".

However, if your phone is connected, trickle charging will continue to keep the battery fully charged. This can drain the battery faster.

Apple's new feature prevents the phone from charging 100 percent and trickle charging until it thinks you'll need it. So if you usually unplug your iPhone at 6am, the last 20 percent will be used up just before the end of charging, rather than earlier in the night when you're trying to keep the iPhone at 100 percent. 19659002] This is designed to reduce battery aging and allow you to use your iPhone for longer with maximum performance and maximum battery capacity. In short, it is good news for people who want to own their phone for several years without having to replace the batteries.


Source link