The Federal Reserve's two-day monetary policy meeting will also begin on Tuesday. It is generally expected that the US Federal Reserve will lower interest rates for the first time since 2008.
- Tencent ( rose in Hong Kong by 1%. The Chinese social media and gaming giant announced a partnership with ) Qualcomm ( on Monday. Companies expect to "optimize" Tencent games on devices with Qualcomm chips, among other things. Separately, Tencent announced that it would extend the partnership with the NBA for five years. )
- Chinese film and television production company Beijing Enlight Media grew 2%, building on Monday's gains. The stock got a boost after the animated film "Nezha" broke local records for the opening of an animated film. For the first three days, the company generated $ 102 million in ticket sales.
- The Japanese yen gained against the US dollar and returned its weakness early in the morning Japan's political announcement.
- Hong Kong is expected to announce its quarterly GDP figures for the second quarter later this week. Analysts assume that the local economy is hit by the city's massive protests. Hong Kong shares closed 1% lower on Monday.
- Oil prices rose in early Asian trade. WTI crude and Brent crude both rose to $ 57.18 a barrel and $ 63.91 a barrel, respectively.
- US equities ended mixed on Monday. The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.1%. However, the S & P 500 Index lost 0.2% and the Nasdaq Composite Index fell 0.4%.