The Red Dead Online Beta launches this week and early access begins today. We are slowly straining our servers and systems through a growing number of players, steadily increasing the online population throughout the week, until the beta will finally be available to all owners of Red Dead Redemption 2 on Friday. This approach will ensure that our servers will be able to cope with an ever-growing number of concurrently-active players in the early hours and early days of beta, and hopefully reduce the likelihood of server outages in the launch week.
Here's the exact schedule:
- Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition owners. Please note: Players who have purchased a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition must have redeemed the Ultimate Edition Code included with the package in order to participate.
- Wednesday, November 28: All players who, according to our data, on the October 26th Red Dead Redemption 2
- Thursday, November 29th: All players who have played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th and October 29th, according to our data.
- Friday, November 30th : All Players Owning Red Dead Redemption 2.
BETAPHASE: WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
Our goal is to deliver a stable and entertaining experience while collecting as much essential information and feedback as possible from us helping to constantly improve Red Dead Online. As is usual in a beta phase, we want to take the time to make Red Dead Online a complete, fun and fully functional experience. This can take a few weeks or months, where we are constantly working to fix bugs, improve systems, and integrate player feedback into our current and future plans.
If you have technical problems of any kind Please visit the Rockstar support page for help or to inform us about the issues. And we'd like to ask each of you to send us feedback on your experience ̵
Keep an eye out for Rockstar Newswire for regular updates on Red Dead Online, such as new content updates, features, changes, and general news game.
IN ALL FIVE STATES
The world of Red Dead Online offers a constantly expanding gaming experience. Also during the beta phase there will be some new features and updates. Starting this week, you can team up with friends, set up camp, tackle cooperative story-based missions, compete against each other in competitive series, find strangers in the world to help them (or not), embrace spontaneous Free Roam challenges, go hunting or fishing, bond with your horse, explore the world with friends or alone (but beware of ambushes!), and much more.
Meanwhile, through your discoveries and encounters, you are constantly collecting XP, your rank increase and give you extra bonuses. Through your progress, you unlock items and enhance your attributes. You can also take on challenges during your gameplay experience in the open world to earn awards in 12 categories including combat, hunting, sniper, and survivalist.
Red Dead Online begins creating your character. Determine your looks and attributes before traveling from Sisika Prison. Soon you will receive a horse, set up a camp, find a treasure, equip your first skill card and meet some fateful characters who have a long story to tell – a story about the hunt for truth, revenge and honor.
HONOR AND OUTLAWS
Red Dead Online increases or decreases your honor according to your choices and behavior. You determine your honor – through life and death choices, through to natural interactions such as caring for your horse.
In addition to the fact that the world reacts subtly differently to you, you will notice that the course of certain missions varies depending on your honor.
Free Roam Missions
Travel alone or with your squad to the aliens marked on the map to attack Free Roam missions to take. On the way you will meet some familiar faces. The missions can vary depending on how noble or nefarious you are. For example, an honorable gunfighter is asked to escort a convoy and protect him from Gangs attacks or even other players' squads. On the other hand, a dishonest outlaw may be asked to release a criminal from the hands of the law.
A Land of Opportunities
Honor also influences the profound cooperative storyline for two to four players, which we are continually expanding become. In "A Land of Opportunities," you'll be confronted with a multi-part series of missions, some of which may change as your honor changes in search of truth and justice or revenge.
COMPETITION AND SHOWDOWN SERIES
Of course, Red Dead Online is also full of new competitive gameplay modes. The beta includes five new modes to start, which are part of a larger showdown series. In addition, you can race point-to-point, turn-based and open races anywhere on the map with your trusty steed.
Get on top of one of the showdown series markers to launch a quick match in a variety of modes :
Shootout & Team Shootout
Classic shootouts with unlimited lives. Gather the most kills before time runs out. In a draw, Sudden Death is triggered: the next kill decides.
Make It Count
Your ingenuity is put to the test in two game modes: Use nothing but a bow and a handful of arrows or throwing knives to hit End last to survive. Thanks to a constantly shrinking playing field, there is no escape.
A tactical race to the top. Each kill will improve your position, but note: the closer you get to the top of the scoreboard, the more points the players will get you.
Work as a team to control the land. Capture an area to earn points: The team with the most points wins – or you win by controlling the entire map.
Name Your Weapon
In this fight, everyone battles against everyone or with teams your skills on display. The more difficult the handling of the used weapon, the more points you get for each kill.
MORE DETAILS AND OUTLOOK
- Look for more details and tips about the Red Dead Online Beta in the coming days. And check the companion app or social club to see when you can enter the beta.
As always, we'd like to hear your feedback and ask for your help, especially during the beta period. In addition to reporting bugs, technical issues, glitches and exploits at https://support.rockstargames.com, feel free to send us feedback and suggestions via reddeadonline.com/feedback.
- We also ask for your help with Red Make Dead Online a fun and fair experience for everyone. Please use the in-game reporting features to inform us of offensive or disruptive behavior, cheats or exploits that you encounter during the beta or that you find on external sites such as YouTube. At this point, we kindly note that our long-standing policy for publishing copyrighted material from Rockstar Games remains valid – any video that promotes cheating in any way will cause a copyright complaint.
- You will notice that some items in the menus are not yet usable or available at this early beta stage. For example, the in-game store, which will open later and allow you to buy gold bars to directly purchase cosmetic items such as store embellishments or special styles for your weapons.
- We hope that we will improve your game progress during this early beta phase can also be maintained in the long term. However, as with many betas for extensive online experiences such as these, there is always the possibility that we may need to reset ranks or other statistics in case of technical difficulties.
Keep your eyes peeled for updates on Red Dead Online in the coming weeks and months open.