As you may already know, this remaster of Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age is based on the Japanese version of the International Zodiac Job System, which differs from the original in a number of important areas.
Most notably, of course, the system Licenses is revised. Characters now have a choice of permanent classes, known as Zodiac Jobs and these jobs include a License Board that includes several upgrades, including new Gambits ] for your character.
Besides all this, we also guide you through the best jobs for every character ̵
A lot to digest at first, that's why we here on this page explain everything you need to know. For more help with Final Fantasy 12, take a look at our Final Fantasy 12 guide and Zodiac Age walkthrough.
Zodiac Jobs and the License Board have explained – which class should you choose in Final Fantasy 12? 19659009] Once the Zodiac Jobs and License system is unlocked in-game, you can assign a job to any person joining your party.
Final Fantasy 12 gives you a chance to catch a glimpse of what's before you decide on any board, but be sure to stick to it permanently after assigning an account – unless you're playing Switch and Xbox One. Therefore, you should stop in the early stages of the game until you've set me up for a playstyle.
When a new member joins your group, they will come with armor and weapons that point to their intended "standard" role – Bash has a sword, Fran has a bow, and so on – but you can just ignore that and give them to do something different.
That being said, it's wise not to deviate too much from your intended work – while you can make Bash a White Mage more basic HP, so it's better suited for melee combat.
When it is said that a second license has to be added (after Belias has been defeated to get the first esper), an argument for assigning people to the "Wrong" class may "balance the party and you To prevent them from relying too much on a single character: Melee-based jobs have more HP bonuses on their boards to help you harden your mages and add some magical abilities it is useful in situations where physical combat is not possible, an option, see below
Theoretically, there are five trillion combinations available to you when you select your group Therefore, we will not list them all, but here is a brief overview of each type:
|Job||Ang Reef type||Armor||Arms||Best use||Suggested characters|
|Archer||Archer||Light||Light||Light||] Bows||Combat in airborne enemies.||Fran|
|Black Magician||Magic||Mystic||Rods||Enemies with elemental weaknesses||Ashe|
|Melee||Mystic||Katanas||Melee , fast attacks against slow enemies or weak physical defenses.|| Vaan
|Shikari||Melee  Medium|| Daggers
|Close quarters, alternative to a high Evasio n tank  Vaan|
|White Mage||Magic||Mystic||Rods||Healing and defense magic, at least one for your group.||Penhee|
|] Uhlan||Melee||Gravity||Spears||Refueling and severe damage|| Vaan
|Light|| Ranged Weapons
|Flexibility, with either near or long range combat. Note that weapon damage is not scaled with stats, but measurements will cause flat damage regardless of enemy defense stats.||Fran|
|Red Battlemage|| Melee
|Mystic||Maces||Can only cast low level spells, but is useful as a substitute for your White Magician.|| Ashe
|Good as a tank or DPS, and a good choice for beginners due to its survivability.||Vaan|
|Monk||Melee||Light||Pole||High health and Dodge can serve as tanks. Can fight unarmed.|| Vaan
|Time Battlemage||Ranged||Heavy||Crossbows||Both support and cause damage spells to cause status effects and damage over time.|| Ashe
|Outstanding refueling and working as a DPS against high-defensive enemies.||Vaan|
The Best Zodiac Jobs for Any Character in Final Fantasy 12
It's a common question, but there are few aspects that actually affect when they jobs for Selecting each of them So it's nothing to worry about too much.
Instead, it's more of a case to keep track of one or two minor factors and then build them at will. The community on GameFAQs has set itself the task of proposing the best options (puns in half), but again, there are no hard rules. In light of this, keep in mind the following when selecting jobs for your character:
- Vaan – A general all-rounder, but the Highish HP takes him to tanker jobs like Bushi, Shikari, Uhlan, Knight and Foebreaker  Ashe – High Magic Power (MP), making her suitable for magician jobs.
- Penelo – Like Ashe, high MP means a tendency towards magical suitability.
- Basch – High combo speed indicates melee jobs – think of Bushi, Uhlan or Monk.
- Balthier – As with Basch above, combo speed indicates a melee job.
- Fran – Slightly weaker values suggest far-reaching jobs like Archer or Machinist.
More help with? Final Fantasy 12? Our Final Fantasy 12 The differences in Zodiac Age, Expiration, Switch and Xbox give an overview of the game to get you started. Elsewhere, there's our strategy for hidden Espers and our locations and Elite Hunts and Marks sites, how to get the best Zodiac jobs for each character, advice on how to buy Jellies LPs and even how to use the Zodiac Spear received.
How to Build the Best Party in Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age
In the early stages of the game, you have only three characters to choose from, but later you get a larger number of 6, and you can then create a team of three It is important to distribute the different classes so that you can cover all the basics.
There is no "right" way to do that, and choosing an optimal group is an art, a science, but here are a few tips:
- A white mage is essential – other classes like Archer and Red Battlemage can cast some low white magick spells to get you through the early parts of the game, but as you progress, you will not be able to last long without some of the higher level healing magics White Mages were built for.
- Consider classifying the "wrong" class as a secondary class – For classes that can only wear Light or Mystic armor, it is recommended, for example, to give them a seco and class, the heavy heavy armor can be worn as soon as it is available, and vice versa, for those who can only wear heavy or light armor, a secondary class may be offered that allows mystical armor. In this way, you can prioritize protection against just about any type of damage, depending on the situation, especially in boss battles: some of them hit you with physical damage, so heavy armor is a bonus, and some focus on magic attacks, for Armours is a blessing for mystics.
- Ranged damage is only for specific circumstances – Ranged attacks are of course useful against flying enemies, but they cause far less damage than melee or magic against most Earthbound enemies. So do not rely on it. It's your main source for DPS.
- Wait before adding a Black Mage – in the early stages, a Black Mage may not be of much use, but as secondary classes become available you should add one to your group.
- Do Not Put All Eggs In One Basket – You can not use magic anywhere in the game because physical attacks are out of the question, so it's important to have something of everything.
Even no If you're likely to get three "favorites" in your group, it's important that you all go on air. Characters earn LP to unlock new abilities, even if they are not used. However, EXP is purchased only by active party members, so anyone unaccustomed to it misses a bit in HP stakes and is likely to be wiped out immediately if they find you need to resort to it later in the game.
Changing Zodiac Jobs and Classes in Final Fantasy 12
Exclusively for the Switch and Xbox One versions of Final Fantasy 12, the ability to change your Zodiac job and class choice after you launch it for the first time Times have set.
To change your job selection at Zodiac, visit Montblanc (the leader of the Clan Centurio and where to pick up your tags) in Rabanastre.
Next, select "I want to change license cards" and then the character of your choice.
Now customize and customize to your heart's content!
The Best Licenses to Choose from the License Board
There are many ways to choose from on every board, and it can be a bit overwhelming to know where it works best. You should use your points, but rather than exact ones To provide information, we suggest a general rule of thumb that puts everything in focus and keeps the board in balance.
The other important thing to consider when choosing your licenses is that since higher weapons, armor, spells, tactics, and accessories are unlocked only as the story progresses, there is no benefit in using the swords 5 to obtain license when stores sell only level 3 weapons.
In this situation, you should instead put these points into something more immediate and not focus too much on a single upgrade.
Gambits and Gambit Licenses [erklärt] 19659009] Gambits are a list of instructions that you can assign to your group members who will follow them in combat. The list is prioritized from top to bottom. Each time it is their turn, they start up until they find a matching condition and then perform the specified action. Limited slots and options are available in the early stages of the game, but you can purchase more from merchants around the world, and additional slots can be unlocked on the license boards.
For the most part, you can assign them as you like, but for some battles, you may need to add or remove certain things for safety – for example, if you have a Black Magician set to direct a Fire damage to the nearest visible if you are an enemy fight it and fight against a fire opponent, you should disable it, otherwise it is more of an obstacle than a help.
We would always recommend to have someone with you Your group has "Self: Libra" as the first Gambit entry to give you an advantage in battles and mark traps when you wander around. At least one group member must have "Ally: Cure / Cura" as their top priority. Where you set the healing threshold for this gambit depends on how many HP and MP are used. If you throw it off too early, you can waste MP, but leaving it too late may mean that the intended recipient is already dead by then.
This is all for Zodiac Jobs, Licenses and Gambits, but take a look at our Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age Guide and walkthrough for much more!