Activision has released a big new patch for Call of Duty: WWII. The update is now available for download on all platforms – PS4, Xbox One and PC – and is one of the most dramatic games the game has ever received, dramatically changing the entire gamut of playable classes.
With the update, developer Sledgehammer has overhauled all Call of Duty: WWII divisions. Each class has received a number of enhancements ranging from replacing equipment to increasing certain values. Sledgehammer has also made some general changes in all divisions. For example, each class now has an unlimited sprint, although the sprint speed has been reduced.
In addition, all divisions now carry at least one deadly and one tactical gear. As a result, the armored division has received a particularly large buff that takes much less explosive and fire damage. Armored players are now immune to Shell Shock and have less chance of firing. The full patch notes for the update can be found below in Sledgehammer's official forums.
The big divisional update coincides with the release of Call of Duty: WWII's second map pack, The War Machine. The DLC can now be downloaded to PS4, with an Xbox One and PC Release following a month later. It introduces three new multiplayer maps ̵
1; Dunkirk, V2 and Egypt – a new war-mode mission with dogfights and the latest chapter in Nazi zombies. It can be purchased separately or as part of Call of Duty: WWII $ 50 / £ 40 / AU $ 65 Seasonal Pass
Call of Duty: WWII Patch Notes
- Additional Primary Attachment
- Second Pistol Attachment and Swap Weapons Faster
- While aiming at targets, you swing less
- Move faster while aiming
- Firearms while sprinting and diving
- Reload while sprinting
- Climb faster and faster over obstacles no damage from falling
- Sprint faster over time
- Significantly less blasting and fire damage
- Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
- Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
- Heavily reduced when waving shot
- Invisible to enemy Recon aircraft and controlled stripes
- Hidden enemy death places hiding  No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
- Silent Movement
Expeditionary  Doubly Deadly and Tactical and Improved Equipment Usage
Ammo is refilled by killed enemies and over time
Improved Tactics and Easier Destroying of War Construction Equipment
Equipment Damage Records Enemies on Minimap
- Minicard View & Scrambler of Nearby Enemies
- Enemy Movements Are Easier to Hear
- Kills and assists grant Intel Ping from opponents in the Proximity
- Easier targets to detect and increased mini card coverage
Selection Selector Changes
19659007] LMG Bipod and Sniper Sharpshooter are automatically available when LMG or Sniper is used
Remaining Division Skills are in CAC selectable (and no longer given by division)
Jed e Division has a fourth perk and their levels have been adjusted and rebalanced
All players have unlimited sprint and sprinting speed is slightly slower
3 primary attachments for all loadouts
Part of Lethal and Tactic equipment for all equipment
19659008] Carrier weapons can be equipped for all equipment
The rifle grenade is an available equipment for all rifles
The suppressor is an available equipment for all pistols
The following basic trainings are clipped and can not be selected: Primed and Bang
- The pistol suppressor has a 15% range reduction. SMG Suppressor 30% Range Reduction
The following basic trainings have been added: Blitzkrieg and Clandestine
- Prestige tokens issued for these will be refunded and related challenges completed
- Blitzkrieg: Streaks are awarded by Kills (instead of Score). Bonus: Streaks are improved and select a fourth streak.
- Heimlich: Slain enemies throw Intel packs that unmask nearby enemies. Bonus: Intel Ping at the Beginning of Every Life
Resistance / Infantry Shifts
- Moving "Second Gun Attachment and Swaps Weapons Faster" to Infantry to Align with Their Marksmanship
- Filled Gap in Resistance with "Hostile Movements Are Easier to Hear" to Keep Counterintelligence Focus
Changes to Tuning of Weapons and Mechanics
M30 rifle bullet polished ammunition
- Global Sprint Speed Reduced (to Consider Unlimited Sprint)
- 1.3x instead of previously 1.4x
- Reduced Launcher Effectiveness vs. Player
- Bazooka Nerfed Damage and Projectile Speed
- Bazooka Radius, Bullet Speed and Genered Damage
- Bazooka should deliver hit markers more reliably than before and projectile increased speed it should do better than tanks against streaks.
- Frag and Sticky Grenade Max damage nerfed
- ~ 10% maximum damage reduction to account for all players who both have Letha and Tactical and address existing complaints about Garnet Spasm
- Lethal Equipment's Shellshock and Earthquake Effects Significantly Reduced
- Reduced effect radius and duration to address existing ailments and accommodate all players with Lethal and Tactical
- Tactical Gear strength adjusted
- All tactics without Expedition III have a small nerf
- Smoke takes 10 seconds (previously: 14 seconds; Expeditionary III: 14 seconds)
- Signal Flare lasts 3.5 seconds (previously: 5 seconds; III: 5.5 seconds)
- Stun effects last between 1.75-3.5 seconds (previously: 2-4 seconds; Expedition III: 2.5-4.25 seconds)
- Tabun Gas treats 1 dmg every 1 second 5 times (before: 10 dmg every 1 second 5 times; Expeditionary III: 5 dmg every 0.625 seconds 8 times)
- The following Basic Trainings have changed their advantages:
- Energetic: Adds "Increased Sprint Speed". Removes Sprint Again Earlier
- Feed: Add Adds Replenishment Balls Over Time. Add "Extra Magazine". Removed "change weapons faster".
- Ordnance: Adds: "Killed enemies fall into streak packs that fill your yard." Removed "Use Your Own Nursing Packages"
- Started: Adds "Additional Launcher Ammo". Removed "Just take a launcher".
- Concussed: Adds "Two Pieces of Deadly & Tactical Equipment". Removes "Preset what the device is".
- Instincts: Adds "Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment". Esports-only change to "alert if the target is off screen" (with the intention to use this BT unlocked by MLG and compete against tactics).
- Fire projectiles Appendix Buffed  Gives additional shells (7 for combat shotguns, 8 for all other shotguns)
- Shells range reduction to -10% increased from -15%
- Accelerated loading pods for combat shotgun
LMG bipod Buffed
- Gives additional bullets (8 bullets instead of the previous 6)
Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed  Breath hold increased from 4 seconds to 10 seconds. Promotes the use of snipers in a "correct" manner rather than on snapshots.
Buffed "Take Significantly Low Fire & Explosive Damage" by Armored
- Increased rate of fire during Assembly (+ 9%, which is equivalent to Rapid Fire Attachment for LMGs [which stacks])
- Burning during cultivation first pulls ammunition out of reserve and then, when exhausted, pulls out of the current clip (without reloading) ,
"Reduced Idle Blast "by Infantry III & Scoped now targets snipers
- 80% reduction of fire and explosion damage (previously 65% reduction))
Buffed "Moves Faster When Aiming" by Infantry IV and Scoped
Well-kept separation between weapon classes (1965) Sniper <LMG <Rifle <SMG <Pistol / Shotgun
- 30% reduction for sniper; reduced by 65% against all other weapon classes
- This stack is stacked with ballistic calibration attachment
- LMGs have mostly improved their ADS firing speed, as they used to be very slow even with Infantry IV
- Snipers have a smaller gain than other weapon classes, as this is not Case is advantageous for moving too fast
- Pistols and shotguns already reached speed without advertising with Infantry IV and were therefore not adjusted