Respawn Entertainment has announced that a major update to Apex Legends will be available soon. We are here to make sure you are aware of all the important information.
According to the announcement, the patch is expected to be "early next week," which could be either Monday, May 20, or Tuesday, May 21.
In addition to announcing the update, Respawn has also provided the patch notes expected to be included in the following patch.
Audio Corrections and Improvements
Audio was one of the biggest inconsistent facets of Apex Legends, and this upcoming patch will aim to further fix its problems and improve this aspect of the game overall.
According to the notes, the update increases the volume of the enemy's footsteps in the immediate vicinity and reduces the volume of the game during the sequence that begins with the drawing screen, until the end of the drop sequence players have complaints about ned.
Bug Fixes and Improvements in Hit Detection
Another aspect of Apex Legends that had a number of issues is the hit detection that Respawn had addressed a few days earlier .
Announcement revealed that this upcoming fix will include fixes that should fix most cases where bullets were not properly registered.
In addition, the update also includes ball damage tracking data, so Respawn can better determine if most of the problems are caused by player coding or Internet connection issues.
Below are the full patch notes for today's update provided by Respawn in their Reddit post dated May 1
Hello everybody, we have planned a patch that will go live at the beginning of next week. We will post a follow-up post once we have confirmed that it is available for download on all platforms. In the meantime, below are the patch notes with a certain developer context:
AUDIO FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
One of our biggest problems was Improve audio performance to fix issues that have been reported, sounds are missing, are missing for a long time, or have been distorted over time. We've made improvements both in our code and in our content that will hopefully fix these issues for many players and at least reduce the amount and duration of audio issues for others.
We also resolved several other game-related issues, including increasing the volume of enemy footsteps in the immediate vicinity and reducing the overall volume of the game from the character selection screen to the end of the footage sequence. We will continue to monitor mixing issues and fix them as needed. Here are some hints for improvements we've made in today's patch. We continue to work on future improvements.
- The audio engine has been improved to about 30% more CPU Efficiently, it reduces the likelihood of distortion or dropouts.
- Reduced impact on loading data through code and content changes to address potential dropout issues.
- Decreased the overall volume of all sounds during the character selection screen by the end of the drop sequence.
- Decreases the volume of Wraith's Ambient Kunai Knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it's still annoying, we'll remove it in a later patch.
- Increases the volume of the enemy's footsteps in the immediate vicinity for all legends.
- Increases the priority of Enemy Steps to ensure that the sounds are played back even in difficult combat situations.  The volume of Pathfinder footsteps heard from the first person's perspective has been slightly reduced.
- Lack or low dry fire (no ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (progressive change in the sound that makes the gun empty as the magazine approaches) Sounds for R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of music played when a match is won.
- More detailed audio data has been added to the training mission.
- Fixed occlusion error for the "Wind Down" sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed an issue with occasional automatic gunfire noise, usually after a legend reappeared.
- Fixed a bug where the echo around RE45 was missing af ter the shot) in the immediate vicinity.
HIT DETECTION FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
As mentioned last week, we've made some fixes in this patch that should fix many cases of false hit registration. This patch also includes some behind-the-scenes damage logic tracking features. We expect there will be some remaining hit registration issues, but with these fixes and diagnostic information, we're better equipped to track them down.
One possible cause of error in the hit registration can be a simple internet connection problems. To see how this actually works, we've spent some time refining the features behind our network troubleshooting icons on the top right of the screen. These icons are now more picky in terms of your connection quality and may appear more frequently than before. These icon changes are helpful in narrowing down the cause of errors that we continue to see. Please continue to share videos and report problems with the registration of hits that will occur after the patch.
UPDATE FOR RUNNING "PICK ME UP" BANNER ERROR ON PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will re-enable the banner after the patch is live.
- NOTE : We've made changes to the client and backend to fix this, and it will take some time to get the full effect. We expect the bug to be resolved within hours of the patch being released.
[PC ONLY] Intel CPU Specific Crashes
We reviewed the crash reports of many people who frequently crashed and found that Intel CPUs sometimes did not properly execute the instructions in a particular function. A common example was an instruction that reads only a register that crashed when writing to invalid memory. With the help of many forum users, we found that reducing the clock rate always fixes the crashes, even if the CPU was not overclocked or overheated. Many thanks to all, with a big greeting to Falkentyne, TEZZ0FIN0, JorPorCorTTV and MrDakk!
This was by far the most frequently reported PC crash in the last month and we have informed Intel about the matter. In the meantime, we've included a workaround in this patch to avoid crashes at your original clock rates by simply changing the instructions used by this one function. Please continue to send your crash logs to our forum so we can analyze and fix any issues that arise!
ADDITIONAL TROUBLESHOOTING AND CHANGES
- Fixed issue with Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic, where they would suffer damage from shields.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar's Gun Shield.
- While it was fun to see the results, the behavior is unintentional and could get out of hand. Items will no longer be attached to the Gibraltar Weapon Shield, but will now divert Arc Stars.
- We have identified some issues with -novid and disable the flag until we can fix the issues. Thank you for your patience