Bill Gates surpasses Jeff Bezos as the richest person in the world with $ 110 billion after Microsoft has signed a $ 10 billion deal with the Pentagon and Amazon shares have fallen.
- Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has named Jeff Bezos as Amazon's richest person The World
- Gates has a total net worth of $ 110 billion, while Bezos on Friday had $ 109 billion.
- Gates briefly won the title in October, but this is his first official recall for more than two years.
- Microsoft's shares rose nearly 48 percent this year, and the company signed a $ 10 billion contract with the Pentagon.
- Bezos suffered a financial blow after his divorce from longtime spouse Mackenzie Bezos this year.
Microsoft co-founder and billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates has named Amazon Jeff Bezos as the richest human Surpassed the world and, for the first time in more than two years, recaptured the award.
On Friday, the Bloomberg Billionaire Index stated that Gates' total net worth was an incredible $ 110 billion.
Gates & # 39; was able to regain the title as Microsoft's shares rose nearly 48 percent this year, earning $ 485 million, adding value to the technology company.
Microsoft's Bill Gates (left) has officially surpassed Amazon Jeff Bezos (right) as the richest person in the world with a total net worth of $ 110 billion.
Microsoft also bumped Amazon into a lucrative $ 10 billion cloud computing contract with the Pentagon.
The Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) contract includes Microsoft, which will provide cloud storage for confidential military data and technologies for the Ministry of Defense over a 10-year period.
The award of the contract to Microsoft meant a tremendous loss for Amazon, marking another cut in the ongoing war between the two global technology giants.
Gates (pictured) Microsoft Corporation Received $ 10 Billion in October Dollar agreement with the Pentagon concluded, confirming Amazon's attempt to confirm the deal
The 10 richest people in the world
The Bloomberg Billionaire Index lists the following:
1. Bill Gates – $ 110 Billion
2. Jeff Bezos – $ 109 Billion
3. Bernard Arnault – 103 billion US dollars
4. Warren Buffet – $ 86.6 Billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg – $ 74.5 billion
6. Amancio Ortega – $ 67.6 billion
7. Larry Page – $ 64.3 Billion
8. Sergey Brin – 62.4 billion dollars
9. Charles Koch – 61.7 billion
10. Julia Flesher Koch – $ 61.7 Billion
Gates bounced back against Bezos last month when Amazon reported that earnings for the three months ending in September had fallen by nearly 28 percent last year ,
Bezos currently ranks second with a total net worth of $ 109 billion, up from a maximum of $ 166 billion in September 2018.
According to Bloomberg, Amazon's stock has dropped 2 percent, and Bezos lost $ 845 million.
The Amazon CEO recently cut his finances after divorcing his ex-wife Mackenzie Bezos this year.
The settlement gave Mackenzie 25 percent of Bezos' shares in Amazon and became one of the largest shareholders in the company.
It's worth $ 35 billion, but Mackenzie has publicly shared her plans to donate a significant portion to charities like the Giving Pledge.
In a letter she wrote: "I have a disproportionate amount of money that I can share. My approach to philanthropy will continue to be thoughtful. It will take time and effort and care. But I will not wait. And I'll stay tuned until the safe is empty. "
saw a significant cut in his finances towards a similar philanthropic spirit, and has provided $ 35 billion to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation since 1994. Dollars provided.
Recently, Gates talked about a proposed wealth tax that was included in the campaign by some Democratic political candidates, including Senator Elizabeth Warren.
He announced that he had already paid more than $ 10 billion in taxes.
Gates said, "If I had to pay $ 20 billion, that's fine, and if you say I should pay $ 100 billion, I'll start to figure out what I have left."  Advertising