قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Boy, 4, removed a portion of his colon after swallowing 13 magnets in a toy that had torn his bowel

Boy, 4, removed a portion of his colon after swallowing 13 magnets in a toy that had torn his bowel



A boy had to remove part of his colon after being seriously injured while swallowing magnets from one of his toys.

Jennifer White, a Wisconsin native, posted on Facebook that her son Beck, 4, had swallowed "13 tiny magnets" after opening an open Magformers tile toy.

"He completed the operation He had to remove part of his colon, bowel, and appendix," Jennifer says after bringing her son to the Milwaukee Children's Hospital. "The magnets caused holes and infections in his gut . "

When Jennifer White first noticed that her son was ill, she had believed that her son had received the flu, according to WTMJ, but that changed drastically.

Scroll down for videos [1

9659006] Beck White, 4, was seriously ill after swallowing 13 tiny magnets after he had broken a Christmas present. ” class=”blkBorder img-share” />

  Beck White, 4, became seriously ill after swallowing 13 tiny magnets after he had broken a Christmas present [19659008] Beck White, 4, became seriously ill after swallowing 13 tiny magnets after he had broken a Christmas present. </p>
</div>
<div class=

  Very small magnets that can be swallowed by children and dogs can be broken out of toys such as the Magformers tiles

  Very small magnets that can be swallowed by children and dogs can be broken out of toys such as the Magformers tiles

. Very small magnets, which can be swallowed by children and dogs, can be broken out of toys such as the Magformers tiles

& # 39; He began to vomit a very dark color. It looked like coffee grounds, "White said. "At that point I knew something was very wrong."

After she and her husband had taken Jeremy Beck to the hospital, x-rays showed that the boy had taken the magnets in his toy and started tearing holes in his intestinal walls.

The holes caused an infection in his intestines after his mother. Beck continues to be monitored for infections and is still considered to be at high risk of infection. There was no word about long-term issues that he may face after recovering from this episode.

  Jennifer White, Beck's mother, posted about her son's illness warning other parents about the dangers of infant magnetic toys

  Jennifer White, Beck's mother, wrote about her son's illness to other parents before Warning Hazard of Magnetic Toys for Young Children

Jennifer White, Beck's mother, published on her son's illness and warned other parents against the dangers of magnetic toys for small children [19659018] Beck White is still at risk for infection after one Surgery exposed to remove parts of his colon, bowel, and appendix ” class=”blkBorder img-share” />

  Beck White is still at risk of post infection surgery to remove parts of his colon, intestine, and appendix [19659008] Beck White is still exposed to risk of infection after surgery to remove parts of his colon, intestine and cecum Lwau kee, Wisconsin, Jennifer White reported warning of the danger of swallowing magnets in toys that would become viral

  After Beck was taken to the Milwaukee Children's Hospital, Wisconsin, Jennifer White warned the warning about the danger of swallowing magnets in toys Becoming Viral

After Beck was taken to Milwaukee Children's Hospital, Wisconsin, Jennifer White warned of the danger of swallowing magnets in toys that would become viral.

  Jennifer White (right) describes herself on Facebook as a "mommy" 3 boy and a woman as an amazing bearded father & # 39;

  Jennifer White (right) refers to Facebook as "mommy to 3 boys and one Wife to an amazing bearded father "

Jennifer White (right) describes herself on Facebook as" mom to three boys and a wife to an amazing bearded dad "

" The guilt of the mother is huge because you feel have you abandoned your child, "White told WHNT.

Her son is autistic and typically tells White that she takes great precautions with his toys.

"I do not want another mother or father going through this. It was such a simple toy, "said White.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) also warns the public of the dangers of magnetic toys.

"High performance magnets have led to unnecessary surgery, debilitating injuries, irreversible gastrointestinal damage, and other life-long health consequences to infants, children, and adolescents," former AAP President Fernando Stein said in a statement last year.

"Paediatricians are ringing a warning bell about these dangerous magnets since we've recognized the damage they cause, and we urge the parents to avoid purchasing them as gifts for children during the holiday season. & # 39;

  Jennifer White, raising awareness of the dangers of magnets, posted on Facebook that the special gift item her son received was removed from the Amazon website.

  Jennifer White spread awareness of the dangers of magnets posted on Facebook The gifted item her son received has been removed from the Amazon website.

Jennifer White, who raises awareness of the dangers of magnets, has posted on Facebook that the gifted item her son received has been removed from the Amazon website.

  Jennifer White, left Next to her son Beck, she said she even chewed the toys herself to make sure they were safe, but to no avail

  Jennifer White went next to her son Beck and said, that she herself had chewed the toys herself to make sure they were safe, but to no avail

Jennifer White walked next to her son Beck and said she herself had chewed the toys herself to make sure they were safe but without success

"We had made sure that he succeeded old enough, Aged on the box, I chewed myself. It sounds crazy, but I have kids with special needs, and sometimes you have to do a bit more, and I've done these things to make sure that, "White added. "If you have them at home, make sure you know when you play with them, do not let the kids have them alone."

In a Facebook update, White said today that Amazon took the magnetic toy product off its website after its story became viral.

"Amazon has removed the products we've been given," she wrote. "This is a big win in my book, because as you can see when buying the original product, the age is appropriate for SMDHs of the child."


Source link