Forbes, the American business magazine, has updated the list of the world̵
The richest man in Ceará, the doctor Cândido Pinheiro Koren de Lima, appears as the eleventh richest in the country. With an estimated fortune of R $ 17.68 billion, he represents the shares of the health insurer Hapvida. Cândido has seen a gross increase of 37% in its assets since 2019.
The Hapvida Group recorded a growth in net sales of 62.7% to R $ 2.1 billion during the coronavirus pandemic. Hapvida recently embarked on a number of ventures including the acquisition of the São Francisco Group, the largest healthcare company in Brazil.
READ MORE | Hapvida makes two purchases in one day for R $ 29 million
The legacy of Hapvida places two more people from Ceará on the list of the richest people in the state. When configuring second and third places, the children of Cândido, the eldest, Cândido Pinheiro Jr. and Jorge Pinheiro, both with fortunes of R $ 8.6 billion, appear. They are considered the 51st richest in the country.
In fourth place in the list of the greatest fortunes in Ceará are representatives of the Ari de Sá group, owners of Arco Educação companies. Oto de Sá Cavalcante and his family collect R $ 7.53 billion and are considered the 58th richest in Brazil. The family is followed by businessman Mário Araripe, owner of the energy company Casa dos Ventos.
The sixth largest fortune in Ceará belongs to a woman and is the first in the state rankings. Consuelo Dias Branco is Chairman of the Board of Directors of the M. Dias Branco Group. She has an estimated net worth of R $ 6.05 billion, making her the 80th richest person in the country. Soon afterwards, the owners of the pharmaceutical company Pague Menos, Deusmar Queirós and her family in seventh place were collecting R $ 3 billion, making them the 99th largest Brazilian fortune.
Amarílio Macêdo and his family, who represent the fortunes of J. Macêdo, a food company specializing in wheat milling and the owners of brands such as “Dona Benta”, raised R $ 3.8 billion, finishing eighth in the 111th position in the national ranking.
Then Carlos Jereissati and his family, whose political holdings mingle with the management of the La Fonte Participações group, which controls the franchise of Shopping Iguatemi, Grande Moinho Cearense and the majority stakes of telecommunications group Oi, occupy ninth place state. The fortune is estimated at R $ 3.12 billion and represents the 125th greatest Brazilian wealth.
José Bezerra de Menezes Neto’s family, with an estimated fortune of R $ 1.55 billion, ranks next in the state rankings and 193rd at national level. Everardo Telle and his family, who are described as the eleventh richest in Ceará, occupy the 217th place in the list of the greatest riches of Brazil with R $ 1.25 billion. This is the result of other measures of the Ypióca branded sales.
The heirs of the M.Dias Branco group, Cláudio Dias Branco (R $ 1.22 billion), Ivens Dias, complete the list, occupying the last five places in the list of the richest people in the state, the 21st largest Brazilian wealth includes Branco Júnior (1.22 billion R $), Marcos Dias Branco (1.22 billion R $), Graça Dias Branco da Escóssia (1.22 billion R $), Regina Dias Branco Ximenes (1 , R $ 22 billion). In total, the family has an empire of around R $ 12.15 billion.
Check out the 10 richest people in CEARÁ
1º – Cândido Pinheiro, founder of Hapvida with an estimated fortune of R $ 17.68 billion
2. Jorge Pinheiro and Cândido Júnior, children of the founder of Hapvida and President and Vice-President of the group, with assets of R $ 8.56 billion each
3. Oto de Sá Cavalcante and family, owners of the Ari de Sá and Arco Educação groups with assets of R $ 7.53 billion.
4. Mário Araripe, founder of Casa dos Ventos with assets of R $ 7.3 billion
5. Consuelo Dias Branco, CEO of M.Dias Branco with assets of R $ 6.05 billion
6. Deusmar Queirós and his family, owners of the pharmaceutical company Pague Menos and assets of R $ 4.3 billion
7. Amarílio Macêdo and his family from the J. Macêdo Group and owners of brands such as “Dona Benta” and a fortune of R $ 3.8 billion.
8. – Carlos Jereissati and his family, owners of the Iguatemi Shopping Center and the Grande Moinho Cearense group of companies, with assets of R $ 3.12 billion
9 – José Bezerra de Menezes Neto, heir to textile and family businesses with assets of R $ 1.55 billion
10. Everardo Telles and his family from the Telles / Naturágua Group, creators of brands such as Ypióca and with assets of R $ 1.25 billion
Check out the 10 richest people in Brazil
1º – Josehp Safra, banker and investor, founded Banco Safra and amassed the largest fortune in the country, equivalent to R $ 119.08 billion
2. Jorge Paulo Lemann, entrepreneur in the beverage industry, owns Budweiser brands and assets of R $ 91 billion
3. Eduardo Saverin, co-founder of Facebook, has amassed a fortune of R $ 68.12 billion
4. Marcel Herrmann Telles, entrepreneur and investor in the beverage industry, has the Brahma brand and assets of R $ 54.08 billion among his services
5. Carlos Alberto Sicupira and his family operate beyond the beverage sector, also in the management of retail chains such as Lojas Americanas, and have assets of R $ 42.64 billion
6. Alexandre Behring, co-founder of 3G Capital, owns franchises such as Burger King in Brazil and has equity of R $ 34.32 billion
7. André Esteves, who is consolidated as influential in the investment finance sector, has assets of R $ 24.96 billion
8. Luiza Trajano, entrepreneur in the commercial sector, is the founder of the retail magazine Luiza and has equity of R $ 24 billion
9. Ilson Mateus, grocery entrepreneur and owner of the Mateus supermarket chain, has assets of R $ 20 billion
10. Luciano Hang, co-founder of the Havana department store chain, has goods worth R $ 18.72 billion