قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / Buffalo Wild Wings worker after exposure to a cleaning agent. 10 other people went to hospitals

Buffalo Wild Wings worker after exposure to a cleaning agent. 10 other people went to hospitals



The Worker Who Died, Suffered the Sickness The incident at the restaurant in Burlington started at 5:30 pm, with workers and customers – some coughing – CNN affiliate WCVB

A worker intending to clean the kitchen floor, put a [19659002] sanitizer called "Super 8" – a product with sodium hypochlorite, which itself is a major component of bleach – on the floor, Patterson said. That person quickly was sickened, apparently by fumes, and went outside.

A second worker attempted to squeeze the product out of the building when he got over, "Patterson said.

Firefighters were called, and responders found the second employee suffering from nausea outside. Patterson said.

Ten other people at the restaurant ̵

1; eight employees and two customers – checked themselves in to-do. Thursday, with symptoms including breathing difficulties, watery and runny eyes, and shortness of breath, Patterson said.

The restaurant was closed for the night.

Police and the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration wants to investigate, Patterson said.

"We are shocked and saddened to learn this tragic accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation, "Buffalo Wild Wings said in a statement.

A manufacturer of Super 8, on its website, describing the product as a sanitizer "designed specifically for use in mechanical or hand dishwashing operations."

Patterson said he told Super 8 is a "common product used in floor cleaning."

"Some reason tonight, there was just a

'It smelled horrible'

Customers told CNN affiliate WHDH that they could smell a strong chemical odor, and people closest

"Imagine, like, you're in the pool, but add bleach to that." It was horrible, "Michael Burnstein told WHDH.

" I think one of the things that went through my mind is, we're sitting there, like, 'What are we supposed to do? erything OK? Should we even be breathing this air? '"

CNN's Swetha Sharma contributed to this report.


Source link