Treyarch has announced that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will launch with 14 multiplayer maps. There is already a 15th map scheduled for November as an extension after launch, but is free for all players.
When the game is released, you'll have access to Arsenal, Contraband, Fire Range, Frequency, Gridlock, Hacienda, Ice Breaker, Jungle, Militia, Morocco, Payload, Seaside, Slums, and Summit. Four of the cards – Firing Range, Jungle, Slums and Summit – are all from previous Black Ops games, but with a visual upgrade. In November, the Call of Duty classic Nuketown, which has also been remastered with updated images, will be available. Treyarch has not announced how map updates to Nuketown will work, but they are likely to be part of paid DLC extensions.
According to Forbes, the 1
- Arsenal : Enemy secret operations on a manufacturing facility of a powerful military defense contractor in North America mean someone may have stolen the keys to the castle.
- Contraband : Surveillance of an international arms smuggling operation places this ship's hub on virgin soil off the coast of Colombia
- Firing Range : US forces deploy to Red Army and Navy at Guantanamo Bay military base Blue – Team Exercises
- Frequency : A Concealed Monitoring Station The mountainous region of Hunan Province is used to track strategic destinations around the world.
- Gridlock : A Japanese metropolis whose city center was disturbed by a bank robbery.
- Hacienda : A lavish winery on a tranquil lake in the Spanish countryside, home to a high-level criminal syndicate
- Icebreaker : A long-lost nuclear submarine in the Arctic houses a uranium supply, a Russian Unity Represents
- Jungle : The heat continues as the Cold War forces clash in the oppressive depths of the Vietnam jungle.
- Militia : Extremist extremists secretly supported by a Russian cell guns in a remote region of the Alaskan wilderness near the Bearing Strait
- Morocco : Rebels in a small Moroccan village use military military aircraft as a target exercise as they fly over the surrounding Sahara.
- Payload : A defensive ICBM launch facility deep in an Icelandic mountain range was infiltrated by enemy forces trying to steal a nuclear warhead.
- Seaside : An anti-government demonstration in this quirky coastal Spanish disobedience got out of hand and forced a military shutdown.
- Slums : Street battles rage in head-to-head heat through the center of a dilapidated district of Panama.
- Summit : Cold War Monitors summit over the clouds in mountain hawk post in the Ural Mountains.
These cards do not include those used exclusively for Black Ops 4 zombies and blackout mode. In Zombies, IX and Voyage of Despair are the two cards for the new Chaos story, while Blood of the Dead is the card for the Aether story – which continues the overall narrative of the last three Black Ops games. Blackout starts with just one card, but it's the biggest that the Call of Duty franchise has ever seen.
Take a look at everything we know about Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 launches on October 12 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. For the pre-order numerous editions are available.