One week after Luis Castillo and Octavio Dotel cited a list of suspects called in a drug trafficking investigation in the Dominican Republic, local authorities have freed former MLB players of money laundering charges. The authorities said that Castillo, who lives in the US, submitted documents after an interview with Castillo In order to prove that he is not affiliated with the criminal organization, has suspended the arrest warrant against Castillo agreement with Attorney General Jean Alain Rodríguez. In the deal, Castillo promised to work with the prosecutor and clarify his alleged links with the criminal organization.
"After evaluating the new documents and information that Castillo offered during the interview, we found no evidence linking him to activities" We close the case against him, "Rodríguez said in a statement.
Dotel, who was released on bail on Thursday, is still being accused of having possessed illegal weapons at the time of his arrest, along with the drug bust.
Last week, Dominican officials and the US Treasury threw César Emilio Peralta, too known as "César the Abuser," a refugee, as head of a powerful group that has operated on Dominicans territory for about two decades.
Dotel and Castillo, who together played 30 seasons in the majors, were considered in the investigation suspected of money laundering for the group.
C 43-year-old Astillo was a threefold All-Star, winning three Gold Gloves and was a member of the 2003 Florida Marlins team that won the World Series.
During his 1
This report uses information from ESPN's Enrique Rojas.