قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Child Dies of Breastmilk with Snake Venom, East Asia News & Top Stories

Child Dies of Breastmilk with Snake Venom, East Asia News & Top Stories



NEW DELHI • An Indian woman who was bitten by a snake in her sleep and nursed unwittingly poisoned milk to her daughter died together with the child, the police said yesterday.

The 35-year-old woman from Uttar Pradesh State did not realize that she had been bitten when she woke and nursed her daughter.

The three-year-old girl and mother fell ill on Thursday and both died before they could go to the hospital, police inspector Vijay Singh said [19659004] The family spotted the snake in another room, but the creature escaped.

An autopsy is to be performed, but the police have reported an accident, the officer added.

In India live around 300 snakes species and 60 are very poisonous, including the Indian Cobra, Krait, Russell's Viper and Sawtooth Viper.

India is responsible for 46,000 of the 1

00,000 snakebites deaths around the world each year, according to a study by the American Society of Tropical Medicine 2011 and Hygienics e.

AGENCE FRANCE PRESS


Source link