قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / Chipotle closes Ohio Restaurant after illness reports

Chipotle closes Ohio Restaurant after illness reports



  Chipotle Mobile Mission 4
Chipotle closed a restaurant in Ohio on Monday after reports of customers who became ill after eating were reported.

Hollis Johnson / Business Insider


Chipotle closed a restaurant in Ohio on Monday after reports that customers had become ill after eating, the company told Business Insider.

"We take all food safety concerns very seriously and we are currently investigating some illnesses in our Powell, Ohio restaurant," said Chipotle spokesperson Laurie Schalow. "We are not aware of any confirmed cases of food-borne illness, and we are working with the local health authority."

People reported symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, and fever on the iwaspoisoned.com website, which first drew business insiders' attention to the problems at the Powell restaurant.

In total, three reports were posted on the site on July 29 and July 30, indicating that at least nine customers were getting sick after eating.

Schalow said Chipotle planned to reopen his Powell restaurant on Tuesday, subject to approval from the local health authority.

The Health Department confirmed to Business Insiders that the restaurant is under investigation and said they could not discuss the matter further.

Records show that local health authorities inspected the Powell Chipotle on July 26 and found that food-related offenses were not kept at the correct temperatures.

In particular, lettuce was not properly chilled and the beans were not kept at a sufficiently warm temperature.

"A follow-up will be done in about 3 weeks due to the cooling of lettuce," it says in the test reports.

Chipotle had to shut down a restaurant in Virginia last year for two days after customers who had eaten got norovirus, a disease that causes vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, and other symptoms. More than 130 people reported being ill after eating in the restaurant.

Norovirus differs from E. coli, the bacteria that led to a widespread outbreak three years ago in Chipotle restaurants in 14 states.


Source link