CNN was back in the air late Thursday, about 40 minutes after a bombing raid in the network's New York office triggered an evacuation Fox News. Shortly after 1
The threat message was previously communicated on Twitter by CNN anchor Brian Stetler.
"The NYPD is investigating a bomb attack near the CNN NYC office at Columbus Circle," Stelter wrote. "Due to the threat, the office has been evacuated and CNN is sending program programming due to the disruption."
The area – around 59th Street and Central Park West in Midtown Manhattan – was closed to vehicles and pedestrians Police were investigating the traffic, police said, adding that a bomb squad had been called in.
The bombing was in progress while CNN Don Lemon was in the middle of the show. The show allegedly broke at 10:37 in an "abrupt break". EST.
John Vause of CNN reported the story in Los Angeles while Don Lemon called in front of the New York office.
Lemon said the call came from "the south" and said there were "so many" five bombs in the building. "
" The alarm was triggered immediately. We were told to evacuate the building and do it as soon as possible. We took what we could and came out of the building … there's a lot of NYPD ambulances and rescue workers.
In October, the building was partially evacuated after a suspicious package with a crude pipe bomb was delivered to the company.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.