UKIAH, California (KGO) –
Two fires near Clear Lake called the Mendocino Complex have led to forced evictions.
The flames are approaching Clear Lake and many other cities are under compulsory evacuation. The main street of Lakeport is a virtual ghost town. But there are some who stay. Among them is Kim Crites.
She says there is no reason to leave at this point.
"If it stays on the other side of 29, I'm not worried," she said. "But if it jumped, I'd be more worried."
Ash falls everywhere in the city. Those who left do what they can to make sure their homes stop.
RELATED: Carr fire near Redding grows to over 95,000 acres of threats in Shasta County
The Kaur family is also to note the warning. They spent the afternoon packing as much as possible.
"There are usually so many people on Sundays, children walking around, it's smoky, they, the trees, everything ̵
Shelters open. Many evacuees gathered at Twin Pine Casino in Middletown
"I've been in a flood before, but I've never been in a fire," said evacuee Joanna Soydel. "Will I go home to a pile of ashes or will I go back to my house?"
"Now we are here and it takes a deep breath, you know, it's just one of those," evacuee Pam Ayle said. "It's just one of those, you do not know how annoying it is until you're in the middle."
With so many fires burning in California, there is a growing concern that resources are being spread too thinly. In this case Crites has a plan.
"When worse gets worse, we can just run down and jump into the lake," she said.
MENDOCINO COUNTY FORCED EVACUATION ORDERS  8000 Block of River Road
LAKE COUNTY EVACUATION CONSULTING
- North Lakeport
- Upper Lake
- Highway 20 from the 6000 block to the Lake County Line and into the Blue Lakes area .; Potter Valley, Burris Lane area; North of 8000 blocks of River Road to Yokayo Ranch Road
- Big Valley Rancheria
- Blue Lakes
- Bachelor Valley
- Witter Springs
- North Scotts Valley Road from 7000 block to Highway CA20  Lakeport and vicinity north of the CA-20 motorway, east of Mendenhall Avenue; East of Mendenhall Avenue; South of the Mendocino National Forest border; West of Robinson Casino
LAKE COUNTY FORCING EVACUATION ORDERS
- Lakeport City
- All the West of Highway CA-29 from Scotts Valley Road to Highland Springs Road
- All North of Highland Springs Road
- Mathews Road George Road and Highway CA-175 to the Lake-Mendocino County Line
- All the east of the Lake Mendocino County line from Scotts Creek Road to Highway CA-175
- north of Highway CA-20, west of Mendenhall Avenue  East of Mendocino-Lake County line; South of the Mendocino National Forest
- West of Mendenhall Avenue
Click here for the latest information on Cal Fire, including the latest evacuation information.
A shelter has been set up at Mountain Vista Middle School in Kelseyville. The Twin Pines Casino Middletown property is closed.
RELATED WILDFIRE STORIES & VIDEOS:
(Copyright © 2018 KGO-TV, All Rights Reserved.)