The Washington capitals were due for a lousy game, and they undoubtedly gave us one against the Arizona Coyotes on Monday night, with the exception that Washington's winning ways could not be suppressed. A rally in the late game saved a grief in the night, but the winning streak did not last.
Clayton Keller began scoring with a goal after the crash of the net for the Coyotes. Christian Fischer added a second with a shot to Ilya Samsonov's glove, which crossed the goal line. Michael Grabner made it 3: 0 with a giveaway from TJ Oshie.
Then Evgeny Kuznetsov started to do his thing. He cracked the shutout in the second period and then turned a negative angle shot into a goal to make it a one-goal play in the third. TJ Oshie tied it with 76 seconds in the regulation to force overtime. OT has not given us anything, so let's go:
- Oshie has NOT put the biscuit in the basket!
- Schmaltz put the biscuit in the basket!
- Kuznetsov did NOT put the cookie in the basket!
- Garland put the biscuit in the basket!
Caps lose in Shootout 4: 3.
- Another classic Bob anthem in the pregame.
- The caps started this game wonderfully with Vrana buzzing the net early, but it did not last. For some reason, the boys did not look particularly hot and coughed the puck out of neutral. That's how Michael Grabner definitely hit. Not a great piece of Oshie. Do not worry; We will hear from him again.
- I was skeptical at first, but that's definitely a goal. Maybe you do not use slightly translucent mesh gloves, Ilya?
Yup. The puck was clearly above the goal line of Christian Fischer's goal. pic.twitter.com/DgdydLb786
̵1; Ian Oland November 12, 2019
- My mischievous section Chandler Stephenson came to his damn close third season goal , He called the post, overriding Washington's vicious edge.
Stephensons not counting tonight. pic.twitter.com/fqaX8DZN8D
– RMNB November 12, 2019
- Otherwise, Chandler's line did not differ. He was paired with Eller and the newly-launched RIchard Panic. They were submerged like a group of four friends who used to be speleologists in North Carolina, and found they were not the only ones in those caves.
- At the other end of the spectrum is Evgeny Kuznetsov to see fire now. Even before he scored two goals, he was Washington's best player. When he combines his undeniable talent for the goal with good play in the other two zones, he is a phenomenon. Later in the game, Kuznetsov was even relocated and took over Stephenson in the third rank. And Kuznetsov was only a few inches from a hat-trick, but that damned TJ Oshie put his stick on the puck first.
Trebek: "What is" We love you … "Oh, that's very nice, thank you." pic.twitter.com/z3qE8GxNam
– Mark (@tole_cover) November 12, 2019
- ^^^ I'm with this guy. I've been hanging out with Alex 2.5 hours a week for the past 20 years. He does not know. but me and Alex are very close. I love him, and I wish him the best.
– Ian Oland (@ianoland) November 12, 2019
Me wish all service members in our audience and extended families a nice Veterans Day. Thank you for doing what you did and what you did.
The caps now go to Philly. See you on Wednesday evening. Let me know if you want to talk about Ian's Mozzarella Sticks Tweet in the comments.
Full RMNB coverage of Caps vs Coyotes