What does CVS stand for? Place your bets.
Selected over-the-counter eye drops and ointments sold at CVS were recalled because the products may not be sterile.
New York-based Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc. has voluntarily recalled CVS Health branded products following recent recalls of Walgreens and Walmart branded products as well as prescription Perrigo ointments.
According to the recall notice on the Food and Drug Administration website, 30 different products and different batches are included.
] Recalls are referred to as a "precautionary measure," and "Altaire has received no reports of adverse events, nor has Altaire received results outside specifications including sterility testing for the products."
Check your medicine cabinet: Eyedrops sold at Walmart were recalled by Walgreens because they may not be sterile. Losartan recalled via small amounts of carcinogen
Several types of CVS eye drops are being recalled. (Photo: CVS Health Corp.)
"The FDA has found that these issues indicate a lack of sterility assurance," the recall notice said. Administration of a non-sterile product that is to be sterile can result in serious and potentially life-threatening infections or death.
List the names and part numbers of the affected CVS Health products. Expiration Date and Size, see callback notification.
- Natural Tears Lubricant Eye Drops Preservative Free: 538397.
- Lubricant Eye Drops for Light to Medium Eyes: 317916.
- Lubricant Eye Drops for Light to Medium Eyes Moderate Dry Eye: 247887.
- Dry Eye Drops : 317914.
- Dry eye-relief eye drops: 457802.
- Preservative-free lubricant eye drops Sensitive solution: 495334.
- Preservative-free lubricant eye drops Sensitive solution: 994883.
- Preservative-free lubricating drops Dry eye relief: 634634.
- Lubricant drops for Any time use: 563420.
- Overnight Lubricant Ointment: 881532.
- Lubricant Ointment: 247881015 19659015] Extra-heavy Lubricant Drops: 799143.
- Extra-strong Lubricant Drops, Twin Pack: 258587.
- Fast-acting eye drops, dry eye therapy: 895160
- Fast-acting eye drops n, dry eye therapy, double pack: 994881.
- Eye drops without preservative Sensitive solution: 495301.
- Eye drops without preservative Sensitive solution: 457791.
- Eye drops without preservative Advanced Relief: 563442.
- Eye drops without preservative Advanced Relief : 563419.
- Fast acting lubricant without eye drops, preservative: 994882.
- Fast acting lubricant without eye drops, preservative: 258625.
- Lubricant gel drops – medium to very dry eye relief: 799145.
- Multi Action Drops: 694954.
- Eye Drops for Dry Eyes: 968210.
- Eye Drops for Dry Eyes Dual Pack: 495323.
- Maximum Redness Relief Eye Drops: 994880.
- Redness Relief: 317912.  Redness Relief: 457799.
- Lubricant Eye drops Multisymptomatic eye relief: 563431.
- Lubricant Eye ointment Sensitive formula: 247885.
What to do?
Consumers who have questions about this recall should contact Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc., by calling 1-800-258-2471 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 17:00 : 00 o'clock ET.
If you have problems with taking or using the product, Altaire recommends contacting your doctor.
Follow today's US reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or Share This Story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/15/cvs -HEALTH-eye-drops-ointments-nationwide-recall / 1741148001 /