قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / David Ortiz's shooting suspect says the baseball legend was not his intended target

David Ortiz's shooting suspect says the baseball legend was not his intended target



  Rolfi Ferreira Cruz

The video shows Ferreira Cruz telling journalists through his prison window, "It was not David," and "His clothes confused me."

Ferreira Cruz told Dominican media that the people who hired him for the hit only told him the color of the clothes they were wearing.

Prosecutor Spokesman Erick Montilla responded to the media reports, doubting that a Dominican would not recognize David Ortiz, and that Ferreira Cruz invented a "story" so as not to be "lynched" in jail.

"He can say what he wants in an interview," said Montilla. "What matters is the investigation and what he said in the interview."

He added, "If you look at the video (the shootout), he goes straight to where the victim is and shoots without hesitation."

  A woman and 8 men were charged as accomplices in the shooting of David Ortiz.

43-year-old Ortiz was in a Santo Domingo nightclub Sunday night when he was shot in the back. TV presenter Jhoel Lopez was also shot.

The Dominican National Police has previously stated in press conferences and court documents that Ortiz was the intended target of the well-organized attempt in his life.

Although the motive of the shootout is unclear, the police have offered the suspect 400,000 Dominican pesos – about $ 7,800 – to carry out the strike.

Prosecutors have indicted eight men and one woman as accomplices.

According to authorities, Ferreira Cruz, 25, 2017 is being sought by the authorities in New Jersey for two armed robberies.

Ortiz, known as Big Papi, is recovering and in a guarded state in a Boston hospital.


Source link