قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Sports / De La Hoya: Canelo-Jacobs Deal in Game, # 50-50 For Golovkin

De La Hoya: Canelo-Jacobs Deal in Game, # 50-50 For Golovkin



By Keith Idec

Oscar De La Hoya insists he will not wait any longer for Gennady Golovkin.

Canelo Alvarez promoter told ESPN.com on Tuesday night that he had given up hope of saving an Alvarez-Golowkin middleweight championship review for September 15. Instead, Golden Boy Promotions President Eric Gomez has sent a formal offer to Daniel Jacobs & # 39; promoter Eddie Hearn for an Alvarez-Jacobs fight that night.

De La Hoya said he turned to Jacobs for Golovkin will not shrink from his call for a 50-50 split with Alvarez.

"He's stubborn and wants 50-50, and it will not happen," De La Hoya told ESPN.com regarding Golovkin. "The Canelo train has left the station."

 canelo-jacobs-golovkin

Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) lost an almost unanimous decision to Golovkin at Madison Square Garden in March 201

7. The native Brooklyn and cancer survivor want another shot at Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs), but he has said that he would welcome, which would be a lucrative fight against Alvarez.

"So there is a deal over the table for Daniel Jacobs to fight Canelo on September 15th," said De La Hoya. "Eddie loves the idea, he loves the fight, Daniel Jacobs loves the fight, and we love the fight too, so let's just keep going and make sure that Canelo has the hardest dance partner for the 15th of September."

If he does On September 15, Alvarez faces another top-middleweight contest as his latest PED ordeal has damaged his reputation, especially among boxing fans who buy pay-per-view events.

Negotiations on an Alvarez-Golovkin rematch were a formality only two weeks ago. However, when Golovkin demanded more money, De La Hoya threatened to move Alvarez's return from a six-month suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in another direction.

The original deal for their rematch was for a 65-35 split in favor of Alvarez. Golovkin believes he earns more money because Alvarez 'two failed PED tests in February ruined his rematch planned for May 5th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and cost him millions last month.

The Kazakh knockout artist opted for a $ 1.2 million purse to fight Vanes Martirosyan. Golovkin defeated Martirosyan (36-4-1, 21 KOs), a junior middleweight contender from Glendale, California, in the second round on May 5 at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

De La Hoya told ESPN.com that he was ready to give Golovkin a 60-40 split, but not 50-50

"What people do not understand is that I am not following my demands will move away from the rematch, "said De La Hoya. "The fact that GGG is stubborn at 50:50 and it's ridiculous it's never gonna happen, it's 50-50 and it's never gonna happen, we had already arranged and they had the contracts for a long time, several weeks, and now he wants 50-50? "

Golovkin accepted a 70-30 division for their first fight, a controversial 12-round draw on September 16 at the T-Mobile Arena

" We were ready to join but now I've had enough and I've decided to keep going, "De La Hoya said. "So let's talk to Eddie Hearn about Jacobs Let's make the best offer Daniel Jacobs has the deal on the table and hopefully we can sign it sooner or later, so we can start promoting the fight."

Keith Idec is senior author / columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.


Source link