قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / Deaths of the Iowa family in Mexico in connection with Gasleck

Deaths of the Iowa family in Mexico in connection with Gasleck



A deadly Iowa family nightmare abroad is raising new questions about the safety of vacation rentals around the world.

The family of four traveled to Tulum Mexico earlier this month. Parents Kevin and Amy Sharp surprised their children – 12-year-old Sterling and 7-year-old Adrianna – with a beachfront cottage they found online.

Days in their trip, Mexican authorities reported finding the family of four dead in this apartment suffocated by inhalation of toxic gases. "

The attorney general says there is" no evidence of violence and no evidence of disturbances in the room. "

" When they found both kids, they saw their parents sitting in bed watching TV, so there was not a bad game, "said Jana Weland, Amy Sharp's cousin.

A public prosecutor in Mexico told local media A gas leak is suspected in a water heater that caused death

Travel experts warn that the safety standards for apartment rentals are different from hotels.

"If you rent, as soon as you get into this room, check the Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector and make sure you're working ", advised travel columnist George Hobica.

The Sharp family rented their condo through the VRBO vacation rental service, which has since claimed" ownership of our site for have removed any future bookings while we await further details. "

The family's bodies are being returned to the United Sta expected on Wednesday. Your loved ones say they are planning a funeral.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *