The exact time after 12.00 o'clock local time should be determined, communicated the agency for emergency prevention of the city via Twitter.
"We will provide updates as soon as possible … Stay away from the area," tweeted NOLA Ready.
The "Krewe of Boo" event on Saturday night in the city center, the city's official Halloween parade, was canceled due to the demolition.
The crew had hoped to dismantle the cranes on Friday night, New Orleans fire chief Tim McConnell said. "The wind is our biggest problem," he said.
tropical storm Nestor drove east, potentially bringing in 35 miles per hour, said Collin Arnold, director of the city's Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness. Mayor LaToya Cantrell announced the state of emergency.
Arnold said civil servants would need public participation during the demolition because people want to watch, but he pushed against it.
You're too close, "said Arnold.
Four hours before the demolition, the doors are to be knocked open and the evacuation area cleared, McConnell said.
According to McConnell, experts plan to place explosives strategically on the cranes, in the hope that the debris will end up in a certain area and avoid larger gas and power lines.
Two bodies remain in the rubble
] Parts of the Hard Rock Hotel collapsed last Saturday, according to a construction company More than 100 construction workers present.
Video footage showed workers emerging from a huge cloud of dust after the upper floors collapsed and rubble filled the street.
At least two people were killed and 30 were hospitalized dismissed the injured.
Cantrell announced Friday that she had attended the funeral of 49-year-old Anthony Magrette, whose body had been removed from the site on Sunday. Cantrell emphasized the importance of finding and eliminating the two bodies that the authorities believe are still in ruins.
Documents and documents from the offices of contractors in the hotel were collected and stored as evidence, Cantrell said.
10 injured persons sue the construction companies
Ten injured were sued on Thursday.
The lawsuit accuses construction companies of "failing to exercise due care in planning, evaluating and monitoring the structure of the collapsed structure". It is also claimed that "it was obvious that the structural supports of the building were insufficient to support the weight of the concrete slabs in the upper floors."
"The primary goal is to understand exactly what happened, and make sure it never happens again," said a plaintiff's lawyer.
CNN's Jamiel Lynch contributed to this report.