قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Doctor explains what she left out for 5 days

Doctor explains what she left out for 5 days



The tragic case of a college student who died after eating spaghetti is making headlines again after a doctor called attention to the incident on his popular YouTube channel.

In a video posted on Jan. 21, Dr. Bernard, who identifies himself as a licensed medical provider based in the United States, discusses the October 2008 death of a 20-year-old student in Belgium identified only as "A.J."

A.J.

About a half an hour after the reheated pasta, A.J. started complaining of headaches, abdominal pain and nausea before experiencing gas, episodes of diarrhea and intense vomiting. Instead of seeking medical attention, the student went to bed in the midnight to try and sleep off his symptoms.

When A.J. did not wake up for class by 11 a.m. the next day, his parents went to check him, where they found him dead in his bed. 10 hours after he was ingested the meal.

An autopsy performed on AJ's body revealed he died of liver necrosis and acute pancreatitis. Fecal swabs taken postmortem revealed the presence of Bacillus cereus a well-known food-borne pathogen that produces toxins, in his system.

Samples of the student's leftovers sent to the National Reference Laboratory for Food borne Outbreaks (NRLFO) for analysis (19459014) B. cereus .

Although B. cereus is associated with food poisoning, it is increasingly involved in a serious and potentially fatal non-gastrointestinal tract infection, according to U.S. Pat. National Library of Medicine.

While Dr. Bernard said that the severity of AJ's case is not "typical," it is still important to practice proper food storage techniques to avoid any incidents perishable food items within two hours of preparations.

Fresh poultry, fish and ground meats should be eaten or frozen two days after cooking , beef, veal, lamb or pork, within three to five days.

For the FSIS's full list of food storage recommendations, click here.


Source link