قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Duterte Scrap PH-Kuwait MOU on OFWs

Duterte Scrap PH-Kuwait MOU on OFWs



President Rodrigo Roa Duterte. PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO / RENE LUMAWAG

DAVAO CITY ̵

1; President Duterte said on Sunday that the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Philippines and Kuwait is no longer pursued and he would no longer fly to the Gulf.

No, "was his definitive answer when he was asked if the letter of intent would still prevail and if he would follow their signing. [DutertesaidthebanhehadagainstthepostingofOverseasFilipinoWorkers(1965)]. OFWs) had been imposed on Kuwait, is now also permanent.

"The ban remains permanent. There will be no recruiting – especially domestic help. Not anymore, "he said.

Instead, Duterte said the government was considering sending OFWs to China and other areas.

" China also gets 1,000 teachers. Maybe we can give them preference, "he said.

" Now we can always ask the other nations for a concession. And you know what, whatever you look at China, I consider China a friend … China is a true friend for me now. So many things come from the pure generosity of the Chinese, "he said.

Duterte said OFWs could also turn their eyes to Japan.

" These aging societies, (as) Japan. There would be a lot of caregivers (needed), "he said, adding that the Development Agency for Technical Education and Skills (Tesda) could help develop or train SAWs.

" Many countries today suffer from the shortage of people , They do not want to carry kids like the Japanese, "he said.

Duterte said the situation in Kuwait could eventually be addressed.

" We will survive, "he added.

Duterte said the government would "Look for the Jobs" for those coming home from Kuwait.

He said some of them could accept jobs in Luzon where "lots of construction (activities) took place." / Cbb

"That's Build, Build, Build, and Mindanao, you'll only wait a few months, "he said.

Duterte said the Chinese government is already preparing to take on projects, including building a bridge between Davao City and Samal Island.

"Another thing, I'll ask the LGUs for help. I said we could suffer a bit. Let's sacrifice a bit, "he said." Everything will be [straighten out] you'll see. We can adapt. "

Duterte said," We are improving our growth, our economy. "

" We meet six. They expect something like 6.8 in the end. This is a huge figure for economic growth, "he added.

Duterte admitted that the number of OFWs who could return from Kuwait was much more than the government had documented.

" There is one Variety of them. That's why I'm as worried as you … worried. Many of them went there without papers and those who are really victims of recruiters, "he said.

He said the government could use the" nearly $ 4.6 billion "pesos that Chinese President Xi Jinping of the Philippines 19659003] "It is good, the money is there, it was kept. I wanted to use the money to rebuild or rehabilitate the hospitals outside Metro Manila, "he said.

But now Duterte said he would use the money to help the Filipinos expelled from the line with Kuwait

"And as soon as we begin to strip all the Filipinos there in Kuwait, I may tell you the result of our intervention for our compatriots," he added.

He said part of the money could be used to it clarified the cases of some 700 OFWs indicted in Kuwaiti courts.

Despite the dispute with Kuwait, Duterte said he had no grudge against the people of the Gulf State

"I have no hatred for the Kuwaiti people and finally the government, because for so many years we have been in the best of relationships. There are a lot of people who work there for so many years to enable, study and finish their children. And the only help we had. I'm grateful, "he said.

But he also said that the Philippines also helped Kuwait" when it suffered because of the fighting with Iraq. "

" That's how it makes it all right. We helped in their hour of need, and I could not think why, I said, nothing like that, revenge, "he added.

He said his only concern now was to bring OFWs from Kuwait.

And I would spend the whole four-point on billions, "he said. [Duterte quoted even Senator JV Ejercito, who defended the government's action in Kuwait.]

" I think he was the one who made the comment that he would rather see Filipinos coming out, being forced to be forced out or forcibly taken out instead of seeing them come home in a coffin, "he added, referring to the now-disputed rescue of OFWs by embassy officials in Kuwait ] "It is mine to get them all. I hope they agree, "he said.

Duterte said he would tell Labor Minister Silvestre Bello III and Foreign Minister Alan Peter Cayetano" to start mobilizing right away. "

" The money is there. If it already went to the National Treasury, I can always use emergency funds. For me it is a disaster. It's a disaster, "he added.

For those who wanted to stay in Kuwait, Duterte said he could only appeal to their sense of patriotism.

" The economy is doing well and we have too little work. We have no carpenter, no master plumber, no master electrician. They're all in the Middle East, "he said.

Meanwhile, Duterte said there had been no case of recent Filipinos abuse in Singapore.

" I have not heard anything yet. So with Hong Kong and the others. Minor maybe. But never, never ends up with a physical abuse such as whipping and kicking and boxed and suffered injuries, "he added.

Regarding who will replace Ambassador to Kuwait Renato Villa, said the president of the Department of Foreign Affairs could easily (19659003) He said there are many officials in the DFA who could do the job. / Cbb

Do not miss the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access the Philippine Daily Inquirer and another 70 + Title, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download at 4:00 am and share articles on social media Call 896 6000.


Source link