قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Egypt hotel deaths: "No toxic gas in UK couple rooms"

Egypt hotel deaths: "No toxic gas in UK couple rooms"



Media playback is not supported on your device

Media caption A British tourist said it was a bit "scary"

No trace of toxic gas was found in the hotel room occupied by a British couple [19659004] John Cooper, 69, and his wife Susan, 63, from Burnley, died Tuesday at the hotel in Hurghada

The couple's daughter, who was also at the hotel, said she believed the deaths did not come from natural causes ,

A number of British tourists who lived there flew home early by tour operator Thomas Cook.

After the death, the company said that it would pull all its customers off "precautionary measure", with 301

vacationers offered the opportunity to move to other hotels or to be flown home.

In the early morning hours of Saturday, a plane with people staying at the hotel arrived at Manchester Airport.

image copyright
Facebook

caption

Investigations into the death of John and Susan Cooper continue

Passengers reported to BBC News that they had been informed of the deaths only two days after their arrival.

One woman said, "No one has said anything by Thursday, but it's a little scary." [19659004] Another said, "If you find out at 10: 00-10: 30 at night that two people died two days ago and no one knows why …

" If they had been open and transparent, I would not "

Forensic analysis

In a statement, Egyptian prosecutor Nabil Sadeq said that a technical examination of the hotel room could find no trace of toxic or harmful gas emissions or leaks.

The result of forensic analysis of samples from the Corpses were still expected, the statement said.

The Red Sea Government said medical examinations by a health inspector revealed "no criminal suspicion"

The couple's daughter, Kelly Ormerod, said, "I do not think her death is due to natural causes.

"My parents went to sleep on Monday night, z He was healthy and in good spirits and woke up the next morning in very poor health."

Respiratory failure

Mr. Cooper died Tuesday at 11:00 local time in his hotel room in the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Resort for a statement by the Egyptian authorities

He had suffered a "sharp drop in blood circulation" and his cause of death was referred to as "sudden heart muscle failure and respiratory failure".

Mrs. Cooper was hospitalized five hours later in a "state of powerlessness" and, although heart recovery work took place for 30 minutes, she died at 17:12

Image copyright
Kelly Ormerod

Caption

Kelly Ormerod, told with her mother, says her parents were healthy the day before she died

The statement states that her cause of death is a "decline in circulation and respiratory tract".

Low Blood Pressure

The hotel was audited last month and received a total score of 96%.

Sven Hirschler, Head of Corporate Communications at Deutsche Hospitality, which owns the Steigenberger brand, said that among the 1,600 hotel guests, no unusual illness had occurred.

He said Mr. Cooper complained of lower blood pressure and was treated by the hotel doctor on the day of his death

Janette Rawlingson, 43, of Chelmsford, Essex, arrived at the hotel on Tuesday with her husband and two children. said Thomas Cook staff At a meeting, samples from the restaurant and swimming pool were tested.

"Other guests say that in the hotel 40 people are sick with vomiting and diarrhea," she said.

"A sensible person can not help but wonder if there is a link between this disease and those deaths. "


Source link