Matthew Futterman: I'm not really sure what Panama thought there. How do you not mark the really big defender in the middle of the penalty area at a corner?
5 & # 39 ;: Panama Chance
Panama is wasting a great opportunity. Aníbal Godoy was shot for the goal, but his shot was skipped.
After a few minutes, Jesse Lindgard had shot his elbow in the face, and headed for the head.
0 & # 39 ;: kickoff!
We are on the way from Nizhny! England is in white, Panama in red.
Matthew Futterman: It's very hot here in Nizhny. On paper, the heat can be the only thing England can stand in the way in this case. They have much better, much younger players and overwhelming numbers in the stands. No offense, Panama, the amazing work just to come here. As my friend and former colleague and Englishman Jon Clegg likes to say, sometimes the British can give off a weird shadow of pink when they get hot and frustrated. Panama has to shoot for that.
1. Jordan Pickford; 5. John stones; 6. Harry Maguire; 2. Kyle Walker; 8. Jordan Henderson; 7. Jesse Lingard; 21. Ruben Loftus cheek; 18. Ashley Young; 12. Kieran Trippier; 9. Harry Kane; 10. Raheem Sterling
The only change from the starting eleven who defeated Tunisia is Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who plays for the injured Dele Alli.
1. Jaime Penedo; 4. Fidel Escobar; 5. Román Torres; 6. Gabriel Gómez; 15. Érick Davis; 2. Michael Murillo; 20. Aníbal Godoy; 11. Armando Cooper; 21. José Luis Rodríguez; 8. Edgar Bárcenas; 7. Blas Pérez
No changes from the surprising 11 that was hit by Belgium.
England vs. Panama Top Story Lines
• At kick-off it will be almost 90 degrees. England refused to get used to the temperatures, which favored the Panamanians.
• England, which was much better than Tunisia, had to be rescued by Harry Kane in a 2-1 win.
• Panama was battered by Belgium in their first group stage match.
• The biggest drama in the English camp of the last days had to do with a leaked crew list. Assistant Manager Steve Holland was photographed with a piece of paper that seemed to show that Marcus Rashford will replace Raheem Sterling for this match. English coach Gareth Southgate said the English media must decide whether to help or hurt the team. 19659022] • Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who looked dangerous as a substitute against Tunisia, will replace the injured Deli Alli in the starting line-up.
• Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo have each scored four goals in their first two games. Harry Kane has to score two goals to keep up.
• This is Panama's first appearance at a World Cup. They are led by the Colombian Hernán Darío Gómez, who led his country during the 1998 World Cup in Ecuador and 2002 in Ecuador.
Some Pregame Reading
• England had in the opening match in Volgograd. Luckily this game is in Nizhny, 600 miles north of Volgograd.
• Is football better in Spanish? That's what Telemundo would have you believe.
• The only place to sip cocktails called "B-Probe" and "Meldonium" is the notorious Sochi drug lab, which has become a gastro pub.
Continue reading the main story