قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / Facebook to ban white nationalism and separatism

Facebook to ban white nationalism and separatism



  Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder of Facebook, attends the House Energy and Commerce Committee at the Rayburn House Office Building on April 11, 2018 in Washington, DC.

Getty Images
Getty Images
1

9659004] Caption


Facebook said it was no longer the feeling that white nationalism could be separated from white supremacy

Facebook has announced it will block "praise, support and representation of white nationalism and separatism" next week on Facebook and Instagram.

The social media giant also pledged to improve its ability to identify and block material from terrorist groups

Facebook users looking for abusive terms are being directed to a charity that fights right-wing extremism.

The social network has come under pressure after a man killed an attack on two mosques in New Zealand.

Facebook had previously allowed some white nationalist content that they did not consider racist – including allowing users to demand the creation of white ethno states.

  • Social Websites Try to Stop NZ Attack Clips
  • People Kill While They Pray [19659013] The company said white nationalism is an acceptable expression, comparable to "things like American pride and Basque separatism, which represent an important part of the identity of the people ". [19659] 007] However, a Wednesday blog post states that after three months of consultation with "members of civil society and academics," white nationalism can not be "meaningfully" separated from white supremacy and organized hate groups.

    "Not Just the Postman."

    As a result of filming in New Zealand earlier this month, several world leaders called on social media companies to take more responsibility for extremist material published on their platforms.

    New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said these social networks were "the publisher, not just the postman," in terms of their potential liability for the material they were sharing.

    Facebook has previously acknowledged that a video of the attack in which 50 people were killed, more than 4,000 were seen before the demolition.

    The company claimed to have blocked 1.2 million copies at the time of the upload and deleted another 300,000 within 24 hours.

    One group, representing French Muslims sued Facebook and YouTube for allowing them to publish the material on their platforms.

    Other Tech-G also took steps to prevent the video from being distributed. Reddit banned an existing discussion forum named "watchpeopledie" after clips of the attack were shared in the forum.

    Valve, which operates the Steam Gaming Network, said it had removed more than 100 "tributes" from users who had sought to remember the alleged shooter.


Source link