Koei Tecmo shared new information and a character trailer for the recently announced Fairy Tail game that Gust produced during the " Fairy Tail Special Inspection" Tokyo Game had developed show 2019.
Here are the details:
Experience an exciting story!
A dream collection of popular magicians!
There are more than 10 unique playable characters. So far, five have been announced: Wendy Marvell, Lucy Heartfilia, Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster and Erza Scarlet.
Build a "guild" with your allies!
The guild is your base. It is located in Magnolia Town, which was reproduced in-game. Your guild grows when you experience adventures at different levels. As you grow, you'll get more requests to the request board, shops will sell more items and you may even set up a research lab.
Powerful magic battles!
"Fashion Changer" can be activated during the fight. Supportive characters can also lend a hand to powerful magical attacks.
Immediately after the stage event, several Japanese outlets such as 4Gamer.net and Dengeki Online published interviews with Koei Tecmo producer Keisuke Kikuchi, which included new information and screenshots. The 4Gamer.net interview also features the following two images of the game running on a PlayStation 4 Pro:
The new details include:
- The flow of the game is based on the Guild This is an important part of the original manga. The game cycle is: Get a request from the guild, delete the request (monster submission, scouting, etc.), and your guild will grow as a result.
- As in the Atelier series, the game uses a symbolic encounter system for battles. When you encounter an enemy on the field, you enter a turn-based command-input battle scene. Like the player's group, the enemies also have a particular formation, and you need to think about the attributes and scope of your magic. It is described as a "highly strategic" combat system.
- MP is required to use magic, but there is a system that restores MP when an enemy is defeated. If you meet certain conditions, you can also perform powerful, cooperative magic attacks. Further details will be announced in the future.
- The Hades Battle at the height of the Tenrou Arch is the prologue to the game. The game begins after the guild collapses and reconstruction begins with the help of all. As a story that continues from then on, the Grand Magic Games arc, half of which is in the original work, will be the first half of the game's story.
- The main story runs along the anime, but like earlier Gust games. There will be a lot to do after the end. Original sequences are prepared. Even original stories such as episodes and requests for each character are scattered so far that they do not disturb the flow of history.
- As in the series Atelier there is a world map that connects Magnolia Town and the fields. You can visit several cities – a picture shows Crocus.
- Fairy Tail Hiro Mashima oversees the characters' graphics and gives advice on game content
- Development is about 50 percent complete.
Further information will be published in October via a webcast.
Fairy Tail will be released worldwide for PlayStation 4, Switch and PC in 2020.  Watch the following character trailers featuring Erza Scarlet, Wendy Marvell, Gray Fullbuster, Lucy Heartfilia, and Natsu Dragneel (with support from Makarov Dreyar). Take a look at the screenshots in the gallery.