قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / FBI: No indication of public threat after "security investigation" by Charlotte Douglas

FBI: No indication of public threat after "security investigation" by Charlotte Douglas





CHARLOTTE, N.C. ̵

1; Several emergency services responded Sunday morning to a so-called "security investigation" at Charlotte-Douglas airport.

The FBI and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department stated that they had responded shortly after 10:00 am after reporting a security concern to the airport.

In a statement to Channel 9, airport officials said, "There's an investigation into a security incident aboard a plane. More information will follow."

Reporter Stephanie Tinoco was there when dozens of people were escorted off the plane and first responders swarmed the plane.




Officials said the investigation involved a Jet Blue plane leaving Charlotte and driving to New York on Sunday morning.

The FBI stated that various steps were taken throughout the investigation, such as: B. "Derailed and Re-Screened Passengers" The Department responded to Charlotte-Douglas International Airport on 19 May 2019. Following a security concern, a number of measures were taken, including departing and re-searching passengers and a thorough search for passengers the JetBlue plane. Charlotte left for JFK.

At the present time, there are no signs of danger to public safety. "


A spokeswoman for JetBlue confirmed to Channelie Channel 9 Stephanie Tinoco that the flight was" Delayed for extra safety checks. "

" JetBlue flight 218, this morning from Charlotte to New York has been moved out of caution for additional safety checks, local law enforcement agencies are on-site, and we're working to get customers on their way to New York as quickly as possible. "

A passenger from Rockingham, North Carolina, He called shortly after leaving the plane in the WSOCTV Newsroom, saying that her plane rolled to the runway when it had to stop.

Lathan said the pilot had then told the passengers that there had been a "bomb blast."

>> We've updated the users of the WSOCTV News app for the first time with a notification just before 12:00 pm Sunday, da It was a "safety investigation" at Charlotte-Douglas in progress. Download the WSOCTV News app for your smartphone and find out about the latest developments.

"He said there was a bomb threat," Lathan said. "There will be a policeman who comes to the door, they will open the door, if they do that, get your luggage and leave the plane."

No further information has been published.

This is an ongoing investigation. For more information, see wsoctv.com .


Source link